Toys you had as a kid and that you kept

I still have this Corgi release. Pressing the rear bumper bars raises the bullet proof shield, the button near the front tire extends the machine guns and crash bars, and the button towards the rear tire pops open the roof and flings the bad guy out !View attachment 110024View attachment 110026
^^^^^^^^^ James Bond Aston Martin!!!! Very cool. ^^^^^^^^^^

Wish I had kept this James Bond Road Race Set: https://www.ebay.com/itm/314069512873?hash=item49200072a9:g:1BcAAOSw-e9iw08Y

. $35 new. $4,000 on Ebay. :unsure:
1661036650483.png

Still have my 1950's Lionel Trains.

Revell Visible V8 and visible Wankel..... whatever you do, don't use a big rubber band and spin these off your dad's bench grinder motor. Its sounds and looks cool for 5-6 seconds before things get really ugly. Still have the remnants in a box.

About three dozen Cox and Testors control line planes

U-Fly It Airplane

Radio Shack 150-in-one Kit

Parks water rockets......you put an ounce or so of water in the rocket, pump it up with the hand air pump and launch them. You could weaponize those things against the neighborhood bully in a dang hurry...not that I would know.

Still have all of these in various boxes the basement. Wife tried to get me to part with some or all of it when we moved into our current house. Nope.

View attachment 110000
Water rockets were sweet! (y)

i seen a tiktok about this very thing a few days go and that got me thinking about old toys being worth money. i was born in the 70's. i still have my atari game console and games. still have my original star wars, transformers & he-man toys. some of those are still in packaging and prob worth a fortune. my parents have those in their attic. i may have to research this a bit.....

Nintendo Entertainment System (I still have a 2nd Gen console. Unopened, therefore mint)
Tamiya RC King Cab, repurchased when I was ~35-37 so that counts
SOME Matchbox or Hot Wheels cars
That's about it off the top of my head

Here is the present dwelling of what once was. The King Cab sits in a plastic bag because I've moved on from it.

And it needs tie rods, front tire flops around but. Moved on, anyways.

20220821_102216.jpg
20220821_102305.jpg

Things you find on a nice morning walk.

3rd picture I’m unsure of what this thing is. Anyone know? Pardon my ignorance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 18
I miss my complete Duncan Yo Yo's. I had all of them . They just disapeared. Nobody knew where they went.I think my mother sold them at her garage sale.
Do you remember the ones that would light up when you'd play with them?

Things you find on a nice morning walk.

3rd picture I’m unsure of what this thing is. Anyone know? Pardon my ignorance
The first tool is subject to off-label use by sadists, enforcers, and interrogators. Smokers use them, too. The second tool looks like a swivel eye snap shackle but without a safety pin. I suppose it's just a swivel eye carabiner.

Last edited:
I have the Cobra jet from GI Joe. Belonged to my cousin and best friend who died of leukemia when I was 12.
I'm so sorry you lost your cousin. Losing your best friend is always a terrible loss but at such a young age it's especially devastating. It makes you realize that nobody is ever safe. When I was 14 a good friend of mine killed herself. When we were little she would let me drive her high-end pedal car that had inflatable tires, full suspension, and a 3-speed Sturmey Archer hub. I never found out she was suffering from depression until after she was gone. For some time I became quite a risk taker to prove to myself I was still invincible.

I'm so sorry you lost your cousin. Losing your best friend is always a terrible loss but at such a young age it's especially devastating. It makes you realize that nobody is ever safe. When I was 14 a good friend of mine killed herself. When we were little she would let me drive her high-end pedal car that had inflatable tires, full suspension, and a 3-speed Sturmey Archer hub. I never found out she was suffering from depression until after she was gone. For some time I became quite a risk taker to prove to myself I was still invincible.
Thank you for that, it's nice to hear that somebody can relate.

My Rodney Dangerfield quote was removed as inappropriate. I apologize to the group. Sorry.

Does my Lawson 12 gauge double barrel shotgun I got when I was 12 count? It was my mom's duck gun she passed down to me, and it is still my go-to pheasant gun 50+ years later.

Back