Toyota snubs Southern USA workforce...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a quote regarding Paul Krugman, who wrote the article insulting Southern workers:

"Krugman argues that America lost out on the plant (remember, it’s 1300 jobs) because American workers were “illiterate.” He cites a comment from a Canadian partsmakers’ booster group as his evidence. And in the process, he falls back on ugly stereotypes and simultaneously shows off the thin research he performs as habit to write his columns."

The complete article on Krugman:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/blog/?p=110

By the way, somebody forgot to tell Hyundai how stupid Alabama workers were. Now they have a huge manufacturing plant in Montgomery full of "illiterate" workers.
patriot.gif

[ August 05, 2005, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: LTVibe ]

Dang - you guys beat me to it....a highly educated reporter/writer can't spell illat...elliterate....er...alaterate....illerterite...them stoopids in the us whose can't reed.

BS - wait until they find out them frenchy frostbacks drink (bad) wine on the job!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Greaser:
Hey ToyotanSaturn....are you gunna drop the Toyota part of your posting name?
grin.gif
canada.gif

I would love to!! As soon as they upgrade the board I'm going to ask the mods if that would be possible. I was thinking of changing it to "2-Saturns" or "RoomWithAVue" or something like that.
grin.gif

If you buy GM, Ford or Chrysler you are still putting more Americans (Canadians too) to work than any import brand anyway. Gives me another reason not to buy imports.

If the area you live in is low paying, its best that you pack your bags and move to a city/area with higher wages. Nobody is forcing a person to stay in an area that has 'border line' poverty wages.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
If the area you live in is low paying, its best that you pack your bags and move to a city/area with higher wages. Nobody is forcing a person to stay in an area that has 'border line' poverty wages.

Unless you can hardly read & write
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
If you buy GM, Ford or Chrysler you are still putting more Americans (Canadians too) to work than any import brand anyway. Gives me another reason not to buy imports.

So you won't buy any other import brand besides Toyota based on the statement of a single individual at a massive corporation. Everyone is giving this person's poor statement a lot of weight.

quote:

If the area you live in is low paying, its best that you pack your bags and move to a city/area with higher wages.

Yes, like the DC area..where $300k buys you a townhouse 25 miles out..wait..what was the idea again?

Actually, in the last three months the townhouse price has gone up another hundred.

Maybe what Toyota meant is that they can't find literate people in the U.S. willing to work for the low wages they want to pay?

I don't know if it's still true, but in years past the economy in Canada has not been that good and jobs not exactly easy to come by.

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:

quote:

Only $300K for a townhouse, thats a bargain.

In another 4 years it'll be $600k....or will it?

That's the $300k question
grin.gif
. I'm sure as bleep glad I don't have to buy a house in this goofy market.

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
They sure have been using this goofy market to rake in the property taxes (nothing like Proposition 13 here).

Here too. The market has no choice but to stagnate or crash at this rate. Jobs aren't paying what they used to and in my opinion the market won't be able to sustain itself.

Has Paul Krugman ever been right? Guy seems like a complete wack job. Very arogant too from the things I've read.

quote:

Your post makes no sense.

A family with a household income of 100K in my area has a much higher standard of living than a family making 10 times that amount in socal, DC, Chicago, or the various other "expensive" areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back