Toyota/Lexus dealer experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC on my Lexus LX450 has not been running cold since last year. I received a coupon for free AC check from a local Toyota dealer so I called them to see if they would check my Lexus. They said they would check it but when I got there after driving about 20 minutes, they would not perform the AC check saying that it is Lexus and they do not have the equipment to check it. I went to Lexus next door and I was told that it is just to check whether it blows cold or not. Well...I could do that myself just by pushing the button.
I thought that AC equipment is more of a universal tool. Anyways, Lexus service department seemed cleaner and not as crowded as Toyota service department. Also, to copy a non-transponder key at the lexus dealer, it would cost about $75 dollars.

YGTBKM!!

"Don't have the equipment"...it's the SAME...they're the same truck!! What's to check? Temp? That's a thermometer...Low Side pressure? That's a gauge...High Side pressure...same freakin' gauge...and it's the same for all cars!

Wow...

Could be that the Lexus' automatic climate control system has diagnostic capabilities that aren't installed in Toyota vehicles. You'd think it'd be the same stuff, but as a former Cadillac owner, it was impressive the equipment that was installed on Cadillacs and no or few other GM vehicles.

Either way, sounds like you've got little to worry about, if it's blowing cold.

My Lexus experiences have been great. My Toyota experiences have been decent, but not as good.

I go through the same thing now. I have an Infiniti and just got rid of an Audi. Neither dealer is close to me. Nissan and VW have the same parts and have dealerships within a few miles of my house. Both dealers have said that they are not allowed to work on or sell parts for the higher lines, however if I go in with a part number they can sell me the part.

32.gif

When I need OEM parts for my Legend, I go to the local Honda dealership because the nearest Acura dealerships are 30 minutes away. Of course, I don't expect them them to have anything more than common parts that would be used on both car lines.

I was surprised that the local Honda dealership had parts lists and exploded assembly views for my old Legend.

I've only been to a Lexus dealership once. I wanted to see the service history of a used LS400 I had purchased.

The service at the Lexus dealership(which also house many other makes) that I have gone to is very good. The service dept and lobby area/waiting room is extremely clean, the people are very professional/friendly and they really love to charm you while their taking your money.

And it makes people feel better about where they're spending their money. It's a different expeirence but, I think other MFG's dealerships have also cought on to the, "Hey, if we're going to rob them of their money, let's at least give'em a hug and a kiss"!

I know, that was cruel! Anything that a dealership can provide for your car, you can get cheaper somewhere else. It's the choice that people make.

For the extra money that dealerships charge over other shops is, free coffee, a comfortable waiting room to relax in with wireless internet, shuttle service, loaner vehicles to some customers and they also want you to know that your not their customer, you're their client. Pretty soon they'll be offering day care. But your going to pay for it in the repair cost.

And too,(I don't want to forget), there are all of those salerys to provide for. The front office, parts dept, service techs, managers, sales reps and the nice folks serving you your free coffee. Bagel, toast and fresh fruit, subs are extra. It's like a small deli in the waiting room. And there are those whom I have missed. Let's not forget the owner(s).

Last edited:
Your Lexus and same year Land Cruiser are identical. Whoever gave you that info does not know what they are talking about and was not trained well. They can easily work on your car as it's a clone to the Land Cruiser and parts are identical for the most part.

The only ability that I want is the ability to have one on one contact with the technician doing the work. Nothing else matters to me.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Char, you sure haven't been to my local Ford dealer!

Not that I hang around dealerships for fun but, I have noticed that more and more dealerships these days are offering a great deal to their customers in regurads to what I have mentioned.

Just yesterday, my good friend bought a new Chevy Equinox(with me in tow) and the dealership was quite a different(nice) atmosphere(for a Chevy) than I remember in past years. Quite an overhaul!

It's good to see that they're becomming more friendly than in the past. The waiting rooms have become a nicer place to relax and wait for your vehicle to be services than ever before.
The shuttle service has become common place in situations where the vehicles' service may take longer.

You must understand that, I remember when the dealership was the last place I would want to visit for anything except the original purchace, and I didn't want to do that either!

Our local Lexus Dealer is a fantastic operation. Everything Char Baby says and more!

Had two different Lexii, not as big a fan as many.

But the dealership was unique. Others could learn from that.

I forgot to mention.
A free car wash after each time the car is brought in for service. Your vehicle in never returned to you dirty.

Dunno about service, but the sales experience when I bought my C-Class Mercedes from the local Lexus shop back in '04 was outstanding. The car was everything they represented it as, they detailed it outside and completely de-smokerized the interior, and my saleslady came out to my place (not close to the dealership) and picked me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back