Pricing of OEM Toyota/ Lexus parts in the Seattle (Tacoma) area- local practice of new nationwide trend?

I called the local Lexus dealer for an air filter recently. similar markup as what GON said. I laughed. Local BMW dealer gives BMWCCA members 20% off parts. Mercedes dealers in this area are not nearly as bad as the Lexus for markup over MSRP. I suppose Lexus' reasoning is if your buying local, you need it badly and we're going to light you up for not using our service dept.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
You have no idea.....wanted a oem Honda caliper rebuild kit- local dealer (4hr drive) wanted $90cdn ea I wanted X4 kits (problematic rear calipers). Online price $14us but didn't ship to Canada- even with the forwarding fee I'm way out front.

A little OT but I drove my 2006 LS newly purchased in 2016 for a coolant drain fill at the dealer. They did a free mpi, and said I need $6700 of repairs. The best part was clutch fluid was ok and checked off They even said I could get a rx loaner car on the spot 😂

• Wow
Toyota has gotten worse. Vicky (yes, I know her name - many years of walking in and getting parts for my old 4 Runner), who works the counter at my local dealer told me a couple weeks ago that she can’t give me my usual discount. No worries.

It was only for a couple filters, but she’s been told to charge full price.

Bill at Mercedes, and Sam at Volvo, still give me a break on parts, but inventory and availability are more constrained. They’re focused on high turnover items - and parts for new cars - not my older ones. So, generally, I have to order them.

Actually my first in person purchase guy said I’ll give you 10% and I said I appreciate it. Not until I got home did I realize it was a discount from a price that was well over list

• Sad
Back