Toyota Japan releases more hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugly vehicles, but with gas prices over there, I would want all electric! When I was stationed in Okinawa, gas was over 1.00 per liter, I remember it coming to about 5.00/gallon on a fill up once. luckily the bases had cheap gas but I did need to use the locals a few times (oh and this was in 1996)

I had to fill up a few times off base over in Germany and France........it was something like 1.05-1.08 euro. This was May-June last year....my butt still hurts!
gr_eek2.gif

Why don't they put a nice hybrid engine in a nice car? All the current ones look like *** . They're just cheap, slow, small economy cars...only they cost a **** of alot more. Why not put the drive train into a normal, already available car?
dunno.gif
rolleyes.gif

The Estima is a full size mini-van and would be equivalent to say a Sienna. Difference is, the Estima Hybrid gets 18.6km/L compared to the gas-powered Estima (2.4L) which gets 11km/L. The 3.0L Estima gets only 9km/L. I dont think it looks that ugly, I think it definately better looking than the Sienna.

Exterior Estima Hybrid

Interior Estima Hybrid

I loved the Volvo ECC Enviromental Concept Car.
It was a Gas turbine/electric Hybrid that was built in 1992 and the body work is what you see today as the S80. 50 miles per gallon highway and 35 miles per gallon city. Would run on anything liquid that burned. You could run it on alcohol, diesel, kerosene, or even peanut oil. Had simular acceleration numbers as a 240 Volvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back