Toyota balking at engine warranty for RTV in oil pickup on GR86

That's what happens when you let Subaru build crappy engines to slap your Toyota badge on.
Cheap shot. Subaru builds the whole car bc Toyota wont and then Toyota slaps a badge on someone else's car and then calls it their own.
Just Like the Supra which is a BMW. The Subaru 2.4 a good engine with a manufacturing process issue. Unfortunate but stuff happens.
Both of my recent toyotas were Junk. "Toyota Quality" is just that - Toyota quality. Whatever that means.

Cheap shot. Subaru builds the whole car bc Toyota wont and then Toyota slaps a badge on someone else's car and then calls it their own.
Just Like the Supra which is a BMW. The Subaru 2.4 a good engine with a manufacturing process issue. Unfortunate but stuff happens.
Both of my recent toyotas were Junk. "Toyota Quality" is just that - Toyota quality. Whatever that means.
buT ToyOTAS aRE peRFECt

Driving around a parking lot at redline while drifting hardly counts as "every day driving". Speed has very little to do with engine wear: One could easily cruise at 100 MPH in their Accord all day long with little to show for it other than the fuel bill. Drive that same Accord at 100 MPH in 3rd gear while it turns 5k RPM for a few hours and see how well it holds up.

Granted, that's a poor comparison. Show me a Honda engine that isn't content running high RPM for long stretches... they were the pioneers of rev-happy engines.
Talking about that. One friend race S2000 on track and corner too fast, won the race but lost the engine because the oil pickup didn't work for that much G force. So basically he had to rebuild his engine with dry sump. Obviously he can't file warranty claim for that.

Do people really tell dealers I went to track and it blew up?

Say it is broke.my and under warranty, figure it out and contact car maker if they balk.

Because Toyota is a scam.

I wouldn’t go that far, but they basically became a really good appliance making manufacturer and seem to have lost the racing know how they once had.

They really excel at applying lean manufacturing principles to all aspects of their business. It seems that it lead them to eradicate sportiness, since it would be seen as “waste” by the people applying these principles to their internal processes.

I wouldn’t go that far, but they basically became a really good appliance making manufacturer and seem to have lost the racing know how they once had.

They really excel at applying lean manufacturing principles to all aspects of their business. It seems that it lead them to eradicate sportiness, since it would be seen as “waste” by the people applying these principles to their internal processes.
To me, what Toyota does well is find stuff that works and keep it...forever. Buttons on a modern Toyota may the same as my '92 truck. What they don't do well is value for folks that appreciate newer tech. Selling $50K trucks/SUVs without Apple Car Play a few years ago was so funny to me where VW offers this on sub-$20K econo cars but hey, that vheicle will "run forever without problems" which to some is a value add.

Yeah they tout themselves as frugal, JIT or Just In Time.. supposedly bringing back the Crown.. all I know is, I know why they don't show you the work floor until like the 2nd to last day in Orientation at their manufacturing plants.

They feel like they pay high so WOW they push the worker, basically as if they are a robot, a number.. they wouldn't have workers.. This based on my personal experience, but, between

Subscription based features sort of like Tesla (I know nothing of substance about Tesla, no specifics)
Promising full time with OT then yanking that back
You'd almost be making more working steady part-time good job, or minimum wage full. Toyota is slightly above minimum wage, as well.

So it is my own personal experience, as to why I quip "Totota is a scam" the lack of work available is a killer. So it looks different from the front than the back.

As to Toyota as a whole, it is hard to identify the "sportiest Toyota," though they linked with BMW for a Supra and Subaru for an 86/FRS. I hear they were not able to collaborate with Porsche for a Celica for a Tribeca.

This a little more why I say they are a scam.

As to the track things.. well, those engines aren't very good anyways, let's say that. At least they don't seem to be able to survive being on a track, hmm. So they with cameras at the ready? That sounds like Toyota. Toyobaru 86s

Did you tell them specifically you were tracking it?
Yep, still had the team number and dial in of 12.40 on the window. They didn't ask any questions. Plus 4 win dots. :) I specifically asked how much it was going to cost to fix it. Service writer said you are at 22,000 miles, you are in factory warranty.

I think, and this is my experience, that if you going in acting not so nice are uppity you have more trouble. If you go in humble and not upset they do a bit more. You know the flies with honey VS vinegar saying.

Back