Totally mainstream items you have never had the time of day for.

Its funny the dishwasher was mentioned. Had one in a couple of our previous houses and loved them. At our last farm we were there for close to 10 years without one. We always talked about getting one put in but never did. Now at our new place, it has one. We barely use it and I still prefer to hand wash.
I think we burn through lots of dishes because of the washer... Although I do like how it takes off the baked on stuff. At a buddies cottage we wash by hand and it just seems to take way too long.

Man … just spent weeks in a rental Edge … forget about hitting those tiny icons on bumpy roads … it froze one morning and I could not turn down the heat to seats or HVAC or anything …
Pulled over - turn off - wait - restart …
The only knobs were for the radio - NO - temps should have knobs

Agreed. Changing the climate control options in the Volt is totally infuriating.

Full-size Pickup trucks as homeowner especially driving around with a load of air in bed 95% of the time.
Yeah, even as a hobby farmer, we don't really miss not having one very often. A small trailer holds more than pickup bed and is at the right height to load it by hand even! I would have a large pile of pallets if I drove a pickup, but also be $50 a week poorer....

I have never owned a single Apple product.

I'm normally in the same boat, but their "airpods" are quite good...

I have an iphone for work, and use it as required. I got a pair of airpods after going through MANY pairs of ear buds that didn't stay in, didn't sound any good, poor microphone, poor battery life, etc. Apple did the Airpods quite right, and I hate to admit it.

Long Key Lanyards. I can't stand them. What is the purpose? They look stupid and are nothing more than a hazard. Why do you need a two foot lanyard? Is it supposed to be 'cool'? Weird.

Watching sports on weekends when not snowed in. A live game, the odd playoff game or season ender - sure.

Tik Tok, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook - (I do have a facebook account I just never post anything)

I think we burn through lots of dishes because of the washer... Although I do like how it takes off the baked on stuff. At a buddies cottage we wash by hand and it just seems to take way too long.

What do you mean " burn through lots of dishes"?

Do you mean that your dishes get damaged, or that you use more than you might otherwise because of the convenience of the appliance doing the washing?

What do you mean " burn through lots of dishes"?

Do you mean that your dishes get damaged, or that you use more than you might otherwise because of the convenience of the appliance doing the washing?
I should have said we use a lot of dishes in a day... The dishwasher doesn't tend to break anything. We have some very thin wine glasses and one got smashed somehow in the washer years ago, but I was more impressed that the dishwasher managed to put most of it through without serious damage!

I should have said we use a lot of dishes in a day... The dishwasher doesn't tend to break anything. We have some very thin wine glasses and one got smashed somehow in the washer years ago, but I was more impressed that the dishwasher managed to put most of it through without serious damage!

Thanks - I'm a dishwasher geek so I pay attention to lots of details on this topic.

Lots of stemware gets damaged in three ways -

1. Classic American designs use an exposed heating element , and depending on final rinse temp a glass on a lower rack close to the element can crack.

2. The best material for the lower spray arm is metal and the uppe/middle spray arm plastic as the middle arm often ends up hitting something and plastic being softer has less chance of chipping the item.

3. being levered or fat handed between tines.

Guessing you have whackos locally against cell towers!? We have that situation at our wealthy beach towns where they only exist on water towers.

My brother in law lives in whack job Western MA and townspeople are anti technology and have no cell reception and just got high speed internet finally on fiber in last 5 years because they fought cable TV years.

Even locally near me at Pease/NH RT95/massive truck stop a huge dead spot existed for Verizon. They finally added 5g tower and download speed on my budget plan is 300-400 Mbps from 0….so voice is clear :)
You got it spot on.

Back