Totally mainstream items you have never had the time of day for.

Alexa, Siri, InstaCart and Doordash to name a few. I'd never do DoorDash because it's total loss of control of who is dragging their testicles thru your salsa.

About bottled water - We sometimes eat at Costco food court for a cheap date night. We always comment that every cart that rolls by has at least two flats of bottled water. No wonder the ocean is a garbage dump....and the US is not the problem.

Last edited:
One that comes to mind for me is a dishwasher. I rinse my cups or re-use them if it's only water. It takes more time to load/unload dishes than it does to hand wash them if you don't procrastinate. Silverware can go in a soapy/water filled cup in the sink and put the faucet right over it every time you wash your hands. And guess what, if you have the right sink cookie sheets and frying pans can soak at the bottom because the dishwasher ain't gettin' if off anyways if it's baked on.

I guess when people first got an automatic clothes washer (no more tit in the ringer!) that drastically reduced time and effort a dishwasher was easy to market and sell. For me, no thanks!
For one or two people a dishwasher may not make much sense. For more than two snouts* a dishwasher may be preferable.

*Obscure R. A. Heinlein's reference - no offense intended

My list is long, and a repeat of many things already mentioned. Crap i don't need or want:
Apple products.
Dishwasher.
Netflix.
Tesla.
Facebook.
Cigarettes.
So so so many handicapped parking spaces.
Pennies, nickels, and dimes.
Mainstream news.
Super cars.

Starbucks. It’s overpriced and overrated.
Wine. It’s nasty all of it lol and I don’t need to spend money on that anyway. I’ll drink any other alcohol but no wine.
Lottery too but I do love a scratch off ticket every once and awhile.
Battery powered lawn tools. Total waste of time and money fooling with them. Gas or nothing.

I can’t believe the amount of anti Apple people here though lol. It’s Apple or nothing for me. I’ve owned both can’t stand Android. I’m currently saving for the iPhone 15 Pro and a MacBook. I guess it’s preference but Apple is definitely better.

You're right, it's a preference. You're wrong to say Apple is better - they both have advantages and disadvantages. As a user of both, I find Android to be the superior user experience. But again, that's just a preference.
I’ve had better luck with Apple as far as dropping them haha. I had never broke a phone in my life then I dropped my Samsung and shattered the camera done the same to my iPhone many times and hasn’t broke just broke the protector on the iPhone haha. And I wasn’t implying the it’s better as a fact just saying that as an opinion but most people my age will tell you they are better and try to pass it as a fact. Most of the online reviewers say they are better. Personally I hate all phones since they done away with headphone jacks and home buttons but I think Apple is better for the layout lol. I’m going to be angry if they bring USB-C to the next iPhone.

I’ve had better luck with Apple as far as dropping them haha. I had never broke a phone in my life then I dropped my Samsung and shattered the camera done the same to my iPhone many times and hasn’t broke just broke the protector on the iPhone haha. And I wasn’t implying the it’s better as a fact just saying that as an opinion but most people my age will tell you they are better and try to pass it as a fact. Most of the online reviewers say they are better. Personally I hate all phones since they done away with headphone jacks and home buttons but I think Apple is better for the layout lol. I’m going to be angry if they bring USB-C to the next iPhone.

I'm dying to hear why USB-C coming to the next iPhone (and it is) will anger you. It's already on iPads and Macbooks.

I'll appreciate not having to travel with an additional cable just to charge my iPhone. Everything else I own is USB-C.

I'm dying to hear why USB-C coming to the next iPhone (and it is) will anger you. It's already on iPads and Macbooks.

I'll appreciate not having to travel with an additional cable just to charge my iPhone.
Because then they will have a non Apple only feature on them. I want the lightning port exclusive to Apple. No Android features on an iPhone. I don’t like USB-C anyway if they are going to put one on make it USB to A or whatever the original one was that worked for everything. You know me I don’t like change though. I’m looking forward to getting the 15 Pro but that port will be a huge turnoff. I guess just like brands it’s a preference. I don’t know why many people want it. Especially for people like me who own nothing that takes USB-C.

Because then they will have a non Apple only feature on them. I want the lightning port exclusive to Apple. No Android features on an iPhone. I don’t like USB-C anyway if they are going to put one on make it USB to A or whatever the original one was that worked for everything. You know me I don’t like change though. I’m looking forward to getting the 15 Pro but that port will be a huge turnoff. I guess just like brands it’s a preference. I don’t know why many people want it. Especially for people like me who own nothing that takes USB-C.

Please, do you know how many features iOS and Android have "borrowed" from each other over the years? Although I'd love to see Apple adopt a USB-A charging port just to please AM 🤪

Might want to ditch the pro models then…. Android had high refresh rate displays first, as well as always on displays, and Samsung had facial recognition out before Apple 🤔

But yeah…. Everything else I own except my AirPods Pro uses Type C. Can’t wait to throw all these lightning cables away.

Back