Those interested in finding out GC's composition.....come in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks as if ToyotaNSaturn pushed it over the 400 mark.
worshippy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
I would love to see a test on a couple other oils as well......especially RP. For RP, I would kick the first $50.
grin.gif
cheers.gif

We are at $412.95 collected right now. Terry will get us a price from the lab. Any money left over we can do another test, or use it as the members desire. It is the donating members money, so they have the vote. But I would personally wait until Terry gets a final price.

Thanks to everyone who donated, don't stop, alot of project possibilities.

cheers.gif

quote:

Should be at the 400 mark at this point. Some are going to put in next week. Is it possible to test both USA and Made in Germany GC

I suggested that we do this earlier if we get enough contributions. It carries the same SKU for either version at AZ, and Castrol "says" that there is no difference, and some have said that USA 0W-30 looks and smells the same, and on and on and on........

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
I would love to see a test on a couple other oils as well......especially RP. For RP, I would kick the first $50.
grin.gif
cheers.gif

I'd throw in $10 for that. =)

I'll be the first one in line to sue them for lying to me if it isn't PAO. =)

Glad we got this underway. The next 2 to 4 weeks of waiting is going to kill us!

I only used GC once, use/sell a different brand, but I'm really interested in the this purely for the name of science.

Can we start a pool on it's composition?

ALRIGHT!

I knew you guys would come through.....way to go!!! We acomplished this in only 4 days! Pscholte's donation should get us started for the next project. I mean, why stop with GC......I personnaly would love to see exactly how much ester is in redline oil.
Let's keep that money rolling! There is still a lot of BITOG members out there who can donate $5-10 for this kind of testing.

Awesome work guys!!

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
ALRIGHT!

I personnaly would love to see exactly how much ester is in redline oil.

REDLINE?!!!!! Argh!...ouch!...eek
shocked.gif
...oonch!
...................OK, so it's not THAT bad.
grin.gif

Even though I'm not a RL freak, I'm still curious about its ester content. We've argued many time about it being 50% POE or more. No one ever has come up with an exact number.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
I bet Castrol loves this.....

You ought to see how the Elves are reacting...I hear the passengers on Lufthansa Flight 447 were sick of hearing about this by the time they landed in Frankfurt.

Here is a picture of those elves waiting patiently for the rest results!
smile.gif

-

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
I bet Castrol loves this.....

You ought to see how the Elves are reacting...I hear the passengers on Lufthansa Flight 447 were sick of hearing about this by the time they landed in Frankfurt.

Here is a picture of those elves waiting patiently [AND CONFIDANTLY] for the test results!
smile.gif

-

Thanks Pat...it is great to see them all together in a peaceful moment...usually the blending plant is a pandimonious place
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by oldman:
That does not include darkdan and Medic said he was going to put in next week along with a few others. I'm sure a few more people are out there with money waiting to go. Was a great responce for a week before Christmas.
cheers.gif

My word is good. Even though we are over the top for GC, I'll still be in the pot by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

I did not want to imply that I doubted your word Medic, I was just pointing out that the limit would be reached with no problems. Sorry about that.

here's $10 for the next study,

in addition, since it's that time of year and I'm in a good mood you can also give me one of those site supporter avatars
wink.gif

[ December 19, 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: 1 FMF ]

quote:

Originally posted by oldman:
I did not want to imply that I doubted your word Medic, I was just pointing out that the limit would be reached with no problems. Sorry about that.

Don't worry about it. I wasn't imlying that you were doubting me. I just know that many people say they'll cough up the dough "next week" and you never see it. I just wanted to assure everybody that I am not one of those people.

lol.gif
Thats exactly what Pangbourne, the old English farm/country manor/lab, that BP/ Castrol operates looks like. And the people that work there look just like them, with lab coats !
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back