HPL 5W40 testing complete (for now), all data etc. provided here

I ran the LM MolyGen in the Stg3 Golf R once, had really bad burn off (lost 1/2 quart after three 25 minute track sessions). Might have been a fluke, and I did have a small leak from the filter housing but no way 1/2 quart came out of it. On my 3rd OCI (short ones due to race car) with Amsoil MS and have not had it replicate before or after I replaced the housing assy.

Planning on running HPL at the next change.
I ran Molygen many times including track and never lost any that I could see. Could just have been PCV burn off as well on the track.

I ran Molygen many times including track and never lost any that I could see. Could just have been PCV burn off as well on the track.

Car has a catch can, and it was freshly drained. Like I said maybe a fluke, I topped it off and it didn't burn anymore the next day, although IIRC that day was a rain day so ambient temps were down like 20 degrees.

Car has a catch can, and it was freshly drained. Like I said maybe a fluke, I topped it off and it didn't burn anymore the next day, although IIRC that day was a rain day so ambient temps were down like 20 degrees.
My car for the most part hasn't consumed appreciable oil since I've had it with the variety of oils I've run.

Back