Things I learned from shoveling today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after shoveling for the last 8 hrs, not including a few last night...I realized that there is nothing like a big snow to bring out the best and worst in people.
There are a couple different types of people.
First you have the clueless type who figure they can get their lowrider out of its parking spot without shoveling an inch. They are always stumped as to why they can't get out. They are always grateful for any help.
Then you have the unlucky type who successfully spends an hour digging themselves out only to get stuck going around the first corner. They love a good push.
You also have the helpful type who stops their own shoveling to help one of the unlucky/clueless get their car unstuck.
Finally we have the douchebaag type. These are the type who sit in their car for ten minutes behind a little old lady or young girl who is stuck trying to get in or out of a spot. They happily sit and watch as the helpful and maybe even some clueless or unlucky come to the other drivers rescue. Once the work is done they drive by, roll down their window and say stuff like, "thanks for getting them unstuck" or "thanks for moving them out of my way." These are also the type who do the very minimum amount of shoveling and then mark the spot as if they did something to deserve it. They mark the spot with carefully designed signs that say things like
"Attention! Parking in this spot may cause serious damage to your car. The Management".
True story.
Here is the car.
IMAG0552.jpg

Same one from last night who was just waiting like a bum and now parked in a spot with the douchebaag sign.

Last edited:
I learned to not wait for the snow to stop falling before using the blower. Spent 3 hours today clearing 16" of snow and probably 5 feet from the plow at the end of the driveway.

Yeah, only when the tough gets going you will find out who you want to associate with and who you don't want to be closer than 10 feet away.

Just wait till its really cold and pour water down both front door windows and the door latches.

Last edited:
I've learned to give doucheebags with water treatment on their wipers and windshields...just repeatedly do so to build up ice and get their wipers and driver side windows all "frozen" shut.

That would teach them a lesson.

i think that sign would look better sticking out of their windshield.

not saying vandalism is good.

but its fun to think about.

That sure looks like an NY plate. Could that be part of the problem?
27.gif
BTW I'm from NY and know exactly what you're talking about....

A big clump of slush inside the wheel rim will freeze and throw the balance horribly off. And look natural.

There are all kinds of people in this world. Most will not change their habits. But its not about them, its about us. Are we being helpful and respectful if possible? Turn the other cheek.

Last edited:
I waited until Monday morning to start the snow removal from my driveway. Neighbor next door came out and told me her husband would clear the snow with his snowblower when he came home for lunch.People in Nebraska are very thoughtful of others, especially old geezers like me. I managed to clear half the driveway before help arrived. I will try and pay the kindness forward when the opportunity presents its self.

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
75 degrees at my house yesterday, what is snow anyway?
Snow is precipitation.
[pri-sip-i-tey-shun n]
In meteorology, precipitation is any product of the condensation of atmospheric water vapor that falls under gravity.
ie Locations with low/no precipitation have green or brown toilet bowl liquid.

Is that picture photoshopped? What is all that white stuff, snow? When you see snow in these pictures does that mean it's cold outside?

I understand that a lot of this stuff is everywhere back east and now in the Midwest.

Well, we have our bad weather here, too. It was foggy last night and there is moisture all over my deck this morning. It got down to 60F last night and we had to close the sliding glass door that opens to the deck. Luckily I parked my car in the garage and closed the door so in the morning I would not have to wipe off the windshield before leaving. It pays to be prepared.

Prepared? How do you prepare for gridlock on the freeways when the pavement gets damp?
When I lived there I commuted 20 miles on the coast highway. After a year or so it rained(misted) one morning. I didn't have any commute problems, but my staff was half strength. Some were two hours late because the freeways were blocked by accidents.

Don't get me started on the fog. Seemed like in the spring or early summer we got fog. Sometimes I had to get north of Sunset Beach before I could see more than the taillights of the car ahead of me.

Grumpy? I'm not grumpy!

Finally we have the douchebaag type. These are the type who sit in their car for ten minutes behind a little old lady or young girl who is stuck trying to get in or out of a spot. They happily sit and watch as the helpful and maybe even some clueless or unlucky come to the other drivers rescue. Once the work is done they drive by, roll down their window and say stuff like, "thanks for getting them unstuck" or "thanks for moving them out of my way."

Well I don't help stuck people anymore. I used to years ago when I had a Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. I had a 75" HD tow strap and would pull people out of the ditch or similar. Then I pulled on lady out and her Cadillac slid into my truck after she gunned the throttle. She called the police and I was cited for the "accident" and operating a tow service without a license. I ended up paying about $3000 dollars in damages, fines and legal fees and that was in the 1970's.

I was in College at the time and had to take a student loan because I used my tuition money to pay off all of the fines. Then my insurance company cancelled me.

So call me a douche bag...but I will never again touch anyone's car if it is stuck. They should get AAA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quest
I've learned to give doucheebags with water treatment on their wipers and windshields...just repeatedly do so to build up ice and get their wipers and driver side windows all "frozen" shut.

That would teach them a lesson.

If you did that to me...I would video you doing it then prosecute you criminally and then file a civil suit for damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back