Things I learned from shoveling today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yeti
re: that car on the road--drink 4 bud's, and pee in the cowl.

Glad someone said it. Glad it wasn't me.

reference for you new kids.

My favorite was the time I got stuck in my old Dakota and was pushing it out of a drift. This d-bag pulls up behind me and actually BLOWS THE HORN. Duh.

John

Where I live, you get the "I don't need help" types. Must be they think that I want financial compensation? Just trying to be nice.

They'll burn the tires off the car before they allow someone to push. And, should I start shoveling infront of them, they yell.

Oh well. I'll just pass you with my properly equipped car.

Retaliating just brings you to their level. Try to understand why people are the way they are. They're probably douchebags because they grew up around douchebags and that's the only way they know how to act. They just assume everybody else is a [censored]!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
That sure looks like an NY plate. Could that be part of the problem?
27.gif
BTW I'm from NY and know exactly what you're talking about....

Not to act like anyone is better than the next..arrogance takes different forms..but I think you are spot on..lol

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: yeti
re: that car on the road--drink 4 bud's, and pee in the cowl.

Glad someone said it. Glad it wasn't me.

reference for you new kids.

Yeah great idea...end up in jail for destruction of property and then when they can't get the smell out you can buy them a new car.

I will happily take anyone's "saved" spot on a public street.

WHY? As it is written quite clear in the city ordinances you cannot save spots on a public street. They are free & clear, cops agree as well.

That is why I don't shovel because I keep decent tires on my car where I can just pull right out. This is when I had to park on public streets.

On my street I use the snowblower(when it works and not being grumpy) to remove as much snow from the street so neighbors can park and it remains a somewhat wide street. I personally always park in my driveway but others don't. Call it fostering good will but nobody on my street saves spots because we all know better.

The real jerks are the ones too lazy to throw the shoveled snow in their yard instead making a huge pile in the street.

I learned this from our last "snow."

I blame the sudden pre snow storm chaos on the increasing number of smart phone users. The general public now has 24 hr. access to weather updates. Combine that with them getting constant weather updates from the weather channels who always like hyping it all up and you have chaos.

Too many folks feel like they have to be out in the bad weather too. I am confident my Jeep will get me anywhere I need to go in any weather Indiana has to offer. (It proved itself to me last winter a few times and that is good enough for me assuming we dont get any blizzard of '78s.
smile.gif
) I choose to stay off the road because there are too many careless drivers.. most of which feel like they have to buy gas for their car that they wont be able to use once the snow falls. I see too many old people out and about on days such as this and I only feel it has the potential of not ending well for them.

I always say it never hurts to have enough food/ water for a few days to half a week though. Keep canned goods, frozen meats, eggs etc. in a decent supply and youll be good IMO.

Before a snow storm, I may or may not have been known to just go to a store to get beer and make fun of the general population though.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
Well I don't help stuck people anymore. I used to years ago when I had a Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.

when i had the 95 mercury mystique (ford countour) i slid into a bank. a guy with a red f-150 pull me out with a strap and a screw driver. i was trying to dig myself out with a toy shovel. to this day i cannot thank that guy enough whenever and wherever he is....

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
That sure looks like an NY plate. Could that be part of the problem?
27.gif
BTW I'm from NY and know exactly what you're talking about....

Not to act like anyone is better than the next..arrogance takes different forms..but I think you are spot on..lol

LMAO. You might have to honk your horn until they move which wouldn't do any good if they are not in the car.....I visit that area and NJ bout every summer. My aunts live in NJ.

Originally Posted By: Quest
I've learned to give doucheebags with water treatment on their wipers and windshields...just repeatedly do so to build up ice and get their wipers and driver side windows all "frozen" shut.

That would teach them a lesson.

If you did that to me...I would video you doing it then prosecute you criminally and then file a civil suit for damages.

He's lucky if that's all that happened...I know people who would simply shoot him!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Where I live, you get the "I don't need help" types. Must be they think that I want financial compensation? Just trying to be nice.

They'll burn the tires off the car before they allow someone to push. And, should I start shoveling infront of them, they yell.

Oh well. I'll just pass you with my properly equipped car.

I don't want help, simply because I have no idea if the helper knows what he is doing. (Heck, for all I know, he might be drunk.)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I've learned to give doucheebags with water treatment on their wipers and windshields...just repeatedly do so to build up ice and get their wipers and driver side windows all "frozen" shut.

If you did that to me...I would video you doing it then prosecute you criminally and then file a civil suit for damages.

He's lucky if that's all that happened...I know people who would simply shoot him!
I didn't think BITOG was know for keyboard heros.

Someone in this area was shot at for taking a parking space.

Personally, I think shooting vandals should be LEGAL.

Would you put a sign up claiming a parking spot?

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

The real jerks are the ones too lazy to throw the shoveled snow in their yard instead making a huge pile in the street.

THANK YOU! The neighbor across the street constantly does this; he uses his 4 wheeler to plow his arc driveway and pushes the snow into a pile in the middle of the street. Several neighbors and I filed a complaint with the city and he finally stopped. It wasn't like a tiny little pile, we're talking 5 feet high in some cases. The D-bag is such a narcissist he wouldn't plow the snow into the gutter. Even after the rest of the snow would melt, there'd still be 2 giant snow speed bumps on our street from this a-holes snow piles.

My winters up in the snows of Rochester, NY and St. Paul, MN taught me to shovel before the snow pack gets deep...sooo shovel often, and rest...it's a hassle but it's easier and safer....of course, overnight snow storms suck...if it was to be a huge storm, I'd be up at night shoveling even then.

Last edited:
Maybe this is just a reflection of my age, but if I lived in Rochester or St. Paul (and even here in Milwaukee), I'd never try and hand-shovel snow. I have a relatively large driveway, and I can clean off a foot of heavy snow in 30 minutes without even breathing hard. That's just too good to ignore
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
My winters up in the snows of Rochester, NY and St. Paul, MN taught me to shovel before the snow pack gets deep...sooo shovel often, and rest...it's a hassle but it's easier and safer....of course, overnight snow storms suck...if it was to be a huge storm, I'd be up at night shoveling even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back