The new Civic is hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GeekPriest
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
The current Civic is: Great design horrifically styled. It is like an attractive woman with 80s big teased hair, polka-dot shoulder-padded pant-suit, and a head-to-toe syphilis rash.

You, my friend, win the internets today. LOL.

yay!

fb688591d4a500029af2feaa8581f3ea.jpg

Originally Posted By: The_German
I'm not worried you can have the Internets. I stand behind that statement. They are gorgeous, every '17 Honda IMHO but it is, as they say, "Hard to account for Good Taste".

Ummm, ok. Objective.

honda-original-fanboy-becomes-twenty-seven-year-original-owner-1476933885838.jpg

You really consider Honda's lineup "georgeous". I would say "average"... which is better than what I would say about Acura.

Accord: Decent but a bit dated. Good designed but styled not to offend the easily offended. At least the Civic tried and missed.
nydn-2017-honda-accord-touring-modern-steel-dark-gray-front-quarter.jpg

Pilot wins the "slab of meat on a barn" award.
2016-Honda-Pilot-front-three-quarters.jpg

The new CRV

2017-Mitsubishi-Outlander-PHEV-PLACEMENT1-626x382.jpg

Just kidding, the CRV copied the Mitsu Outlander... why?
2017-Honda-CR-V-front-three-quarter-studio.jpg

Fit, the Gen 2 was so much better. I know. I owned one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lets me honest. The early 2000s "worst car design" makers of Chevy and Kia and kicking Honda's rear end. Well, if you remove the down-syndrome-like Malibu front facade.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I guess I'm not alone thinking it looks ugly.

Yes, the tail lamps are terrible. Not my taste anyway.

Lol best thread I have read on this site so far.

I am reading many good points people are making.

As long as you guys have a car you love you are blessed, it is a hard thing to pick for sure.

Not to steal the Thread but what is everyone's take on the HR-V?? Again handsome small vehicle, I am trying to borrow one but we don't have a loaner HR-V on the books where I go
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: VNTS

At least it's a break from the "angry eyes" rear-ends that have become the norm since LEDs began taking over car lighting.

^ I agree with this.

I forget which GM started the angry rear. It is bad bad bad. Others followed suit??? Or maybe GM isn't the pioneer of this debauchery.

I don't know that they were the first, but the first gen Chevy Traverse was a significant culprit.
2011-Chevrolet-Traverse-SUV-LS-Front-wheel-Drive-Exterior-Back.png

Last edited:
Lol best thread I have read on this site so far.
Not to steal the Thread but what is everyone's take on the HR-V?? Again handsome small vehicle, I am trying to borrow one but we don't have a loaner HR-V on the books where I go
frown.gif

I would say, buy a second gen Fit.

I like them. I just do not like them for the pricepoint. For the price, they are stiff, cramped, and not as comfortable. I bought a Fit years ago because it offered more than other cars a class up (Matrix, Vibe, Elantra Hatch, Mazda3). I feel like the HRV gets slaughtered competing with other slightly larger options and is overpriced/under featured with the same group. For me, the $2500 more for a Subaru Forester makes more sense or spend less and get a Kia Soul.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
How did GM get dragged into this Honda fanboy circle jerk??

It's always GM's fault!

Originally Posted By: CKN
This is BITOG. A Civic is not a Crown Vic. You know the Crown Vic-a big square block......

You need that Crown Vic trunk to bring the Speed Queen washer home!

^ I agree with this.

I forget which GM started the angry rear. It is bad bad bad. Others followed suit??? Or maybe GM isn't the pioneer of this debauchery.

I don't know that they were the first, but the first gen Chevy Traverse was a significant culprit.
2011-Chevrolet-Traverse-SUV-LS-Front-wheel-Drive-Exterior-Back.png

Looks like it's from the Soviet Union compared to my Civic.

Originally Posted By: dblshock

Looks like it's from the Soviet Union compared to my Civic.

Your Civic is totally awesome and we're all jealous. The second greatest car ever produced is a 4 cyl Highlander.
20.gif

Hey, I have owned GM and I like them too. Easy to work on. Good sheet metal, great paint and great clear coat.

I like Honda, Toyota, and GM. Great cars that fit my lifestyle and small budget and you don't need any strange tools for the basics.

Funny stuff in this thread lol!!

The Soviet comment is something my old Dad would say HAHA!

Originally Posted By: VNTS

At least it's a break from the "angry eyes" rear-ends that have become the norm since LEDs began taking over car lighting.

You need to go look at tastefully done rear, ie race track lighting on a Charger or Challenger, or on SUV a Grand Cherokee.

Guess I am not into the "Transformers RiceBoy look

Originally Posted By: A_A_G
I agree, especially the Hatchback Sport model

2017-honda-civic-us-pricing-14.jpg

Too busy. I like the overall shape and the overall tail-light shape

It is like the Honda design committee allowed everyone to add something to the back end. Spoiler, spoiler, lip, crease diffuser X2. Fake vents. I don't want to look like a hatchabck arrrggg!

Much better:

2017-Mazda3-rear-three-quarter-in-motion-03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back