Tacoma Access Cab?

I have a '12 Camry LE with 108k miles and it has been fine. Dealer did a trans reprogram when it was in for maintenance. I think most of the issues were with the SE model that had paddle shifters by the steering wheel.

Dawned on me: better check insurance rates. Quick google search says Tacomas have high insurance. Kills that idea.

Back to Camry I guess. The one I found sounds like it might be crusty, shoot. Should have made better plans to go down south I guess.

Dawned on me: better check insurance rates. Quick google search says Tacomas have high insurance. Kills that idea.

Back to Camry I guess. The one I found sounds like it might be crusty, shoot. Should have made better plans to go down south I guess.
Google search instead of checking with your insurance co?

Maybe send a PM to Macarose on here to find you a southern rust free Camry for you.
Maybe come spring. Sure to snow before long here, or pony up another grand or two for shipping, I guess. Still holding out for a diamond in the rough for now.

Not here they don't. That seems odd other that yes, high replacement cost

Not here they don't. That seems odd other that yes, high replacement cost
And likelihood of accidents? Just guessing, insurance companies charge what it costs them (plus a bit of course). I was bit by my Corolla being more expensive than my Camry, still smarting over that, so much for googling to check on that detail.

I had a 2006 Toyota X cab 4x4 with the 4 cyl and a stick shift bought new and in 2013 I gave it to my son when he went to college . He still has it . I really like the truck and never should have given it to my son. ;)

I sold my '15 V6 4x4 MT Taco last year and I still kind of regret it. I agree that I would never have a 2wd truck in New England but the Taco really was more truck than I needed. I'll be looking to replace our Crosstrek in a couple of years and the rumored Toyota Stout that'll be competing with the Ford Maverick should be out by then and it will be on my list.

If the Stout has the awd hybrid drivetrain that's in my wife's Rav4 then I'll be all over it.

I am a big fan of the 4WD manual transmission Tacoma. In 2016, when I was truck shopping, it was my first choice, but I wanted more margin for towing, and got the Tundra instead. A buddy got one a few years ago, on my recommendation, and he loves it.

That said, @supton , I think you need a 2004-2007 Volvo XC70. AWD. Safe. Rust resistant. A modest 3,500# tow capacity. It is perfect for your mission profile, as described. Find one with complete maintenance records, including the PCV system.

You need to check out a Mazda CX-5. Roomy and comfy and over 30mpg on the road with the 2.0L. My sis has one and it is quick and cheap to run. Lots of cargo space it the back and the seats do fold down for more space.

I am a big fan of the 4WD manual transmission Tacoma. In 2016, when I was truck shopping, it was my first choice, but I wanted more margin for towing, and got the Tundra instead. A buddy got one a few years ago, on my recommendation, and he loves it.
Loved my Tundra, had I been clairvoyant, I would have kept, instead of trading for the wife's hybrid.

That said, @supton , I think you need a 2004-2007 Volvo XC70. AWD. Safe. Rust resistant. A modest 3,500# tow capacity. It is perfect for your mission profile, as described. Find one with complete maintenance records, including the PCV system.
I know you do like your Volvos, and come across your posts on those forums occasionally. ;) Had thought of them before but tend to get gun shy, what with premium gas and repairs. That said, you do have a point. There are a few listed locally.

What? Yea no. All 4 of mine have been relatively inexpensive for full coverage... Run a used ones vin through your insurance.

What? Yea no. All 4 of mine have been relatively inexpensive for full coverage... Run a used ones vin through your insurance.
Nah, I was going down this path and expecting to wind up buying with a loan. Which means carrying collision insurance. Which means… probably a couple grand. Seems wrong path now, which is why I like talking it through. (I get sidetracked sometimes when thinking of new paths, lose sight of the big picture. If I was smart I’d start a spreadsheet.)

For reference, my insurance is so bad—liability on my departed ‘99 Camry was 700 per year. Full collision on our Camry is 2k and my Corolla is 2.5k. Adding a third with collision… I knew I should not have bought the Corolla but I sometimes get impulsive and make bad decisions.

Nah, I was going down this path and expecting to wind up buying with a loan. Which means carrying collision insurance. Which means… probably a couple grand. Seems wrong path now, which is why I like talking it through. (I get sidetracked sometimes when thinking of new paths, lose sight of the big picture. If I was smart I’d start a spreadsheet.)

For reference, my insurance is so bad—liability on my departed ‘99 Camry was 700 per year. Full collision on our Camry is 2k and my Corolla is 2.5k. Adding a third with collision… I knew I should not have bought the Corolla but I sometimes get impulsive and make bad decisions.

You know I forgot you had kids on your insurance, so that makes sense. I think I pay $1500 a year for both my Toyota's, but only adult drivers.

You know I forgot you had kids on your insurance, so that makes sense. I think I pay $1500 a year for both my Toyota's, but only adult drivers.
Trust me, I wish I could forget! sheesh, am looking forward to them getting older. Is what it is, on the bright side, other than that minor (!) accident, my kids are very much not risk takers and I am only worried about them driving in the city.

Looking up the XC70’s now. There are a number around 150-200k on the clock for reasonable prices.

Back