The new Civic is hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call this look "Pre-riced". All it needs is installation of a "louder than the law allows" muffler, and a useless K&N cold air intake.

I drove one a bit as a loaner from a Honda dealer I work with.

I found the temp controls to be odd on the screen, I was cold and was surprised they went this direction.

For heat I prefer knobs as you have much more control, and you can control the heating when the vehicle is off if you like to set things for the next time you get in the car.

Also I feel it requires more visual involvement compared to knobs and blend door levers but maybe I need to use the car for a few days to really have a solid opinion this was an extremely short test drive.

The car looks beautiful, the quality feels amazing, the doors feel solid and quality...

I really feel Honda is hitting a home run lately.

I would really love to try the Civic Hatch as it suits my lifestyle more than a Sedan.

I really like it compared to the last gen. It looks better every time I see it.

Seriously considering a hatch for my next vehicle.

I really wouldn't hesitate to sell Real Estate with a white Civic or Accord (2017).

I'll make a fool of myself and say this is a cheap sensible luxury car.

The Civic I tried, for all of my ignorance, was very Mercedes inspired in feel at least.

It is snowing here. Flame away.

If you like a new Honda, call your dealer to see about availability. From what I hear they aren't having trouble selling the '17s, even the 2017 Fit looks like an amazing vehicle.

The 2017 CR-V (loaded) would be my vehicle of choice if I won a small lottery but I am still super happy with my aging Fit.

The current Civic is: Great design horrifically styled. It is like an attractive woman with 80s big teased hair, polka-dot shoulder-padded pant-suit, and a head-to-toe syphilis rash.

Granted, tt is better than the last design but that was styled modestly. Still boring. The 8th gen was the best.

Come on Honda, we know you can make an attractive coupe:

2006-acura-rsx-2_600x0w.jpg

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
The current Civic is: Great design horrifically styled. It is like an attractive woman with 80s big teased hair, polka-dot shoulder-padded pant-suit, and a head-to-toe syphilis rash.

You, my friend, win the internets today. LOL.

I'm not worried you can have the Internets.

Check out Everyman Driver reviewing the 2017s, he presents the cars in a manner that would be a great step to watch his reviews before taking a '17 on a test drive.

Home Run. I stand behind that statement. They are gorgeous, every '17 Honda IMHO but it is, as they say, "Hard to account for Good Taste".

I learned how to dress nicely at 35 years old.

Do I dress nicely all the time now? NO WAY and I love it.

Practical and good value is sexy to me, add some nice handsome good looks and I'm sold, but I am easy I guess if you look at the car in my Sig!
smile.gif

I still prefer the styling of my 06 Civic Coupe, there is just too much stuff going on with the design of the new ones, IMO.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
How can one be excited about a Civic? It's a tin can regardless of how it looks.

I completely agree. Nearly.
Have you driven a Type R? They're more likely t evoke excitement, and, even if it's a base model there's always a small hint of excitement when you collect a brand new car.

I was blown away by the looks and how mine drove.
So was my wife and she's not a car person.
Cars to her are appliances ,nothing more.
But she loves her Civic.
So for me it's a homerun and the reason we own one.

I drove a Zipcar one and I sat in one as an Uber, I liked it. It's just too busy on the outside, but the interior felt good, Honda can engineer a MacPherson strut setup that handles well - and the CVT is almost transparent but it does rubber band a bit at the high-end of the RPM scale.

I still think the 8th gen Civic is the best one in terms of looks. The 5th-6th gen were the best handling ones.

This is BITOG. A Civic is not a Crown Vic. You know the Crown Vic-a big square block......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back