Texaco Ursa

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Chris 2421:
I'm about to be able to purchase this oil (15w40) in large quantities and want to know anyones opinion on if this is a good oil.

Ursa® Premium TDX SAE 15W-40 or Ursa® Super Plus SAE 15W-40?

quote:

Originally posted by Chris 2421:
I can get both,but didn't have all the info as to which oil is what kind.(i.e. dino or synthetic)I'm intersted in the dino 15w40.

Their both mineral oils
grin.gif

Found the spec. sheets for the two oils, and here's my take:

The Ursa Premium TDX 15w-40 is basically identical to Chevron Delo 400...which pretty much means it's a darn good oil.

I can't quick figure out the intended market for the Ursa Super Plus SAE 15W-40, but I did find it's spec. sheet as well.

Basically, it has a lower TBN, lower zinc, and lower phosphorus levels that "conventional" 15w-40 mixed-fleet oils (Delo, Delvac, Ursa Premium TDX, etc...).

I used Ursa 15w40 in my Mercedes 240D (diesel) back in the 80s. When I sold it, she had 275,000 miles on the clock and still didn't use any oil between changes (3000 mile changes) and there was no sludge or any build up of any kind visible through the oil fill hole in the valve cover.

My neighbors wife(who can get it for me) said one was synthetic,so that was the reason for my earlier post.Seems like it would be a good oil,especially if it's very comparible to Delo 400.Looks like I'll order some.

Super Plus is probably a "low ash" formulation if the TBN and EP/AW levels are lower. It may be intended for mixed fleets that include natural gas engines.

In the US it a decent oil, but I look at it as the low end of ChevronTexaco's 4 fleet oils
Delo 400
Ursa Premium TDX
RPM
Ursa Super Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back