CAM 2 SUPER HD 15W40 SYN BLEND CK-4/SN?

No but i doubt it's a bad oil since it meets many good standards. But how much do you buy and what was the price per quart you paid for that gulf oil.

I buy it by the drum, gulf has jumped to $933 and i was quoted $610 for cam2
where do you live? have access to a Sams Club ? 55 gallons of Rotella is 759 at Sams club.
alternatively, currently 5 gallon pails of Mobil Delvac 1300 are 64 bucks each at Walliemart which is 704 for 55 gallons.. and more man portable if that is a consideration. Rural King if available has really good prices on 15w40 all the way from one gallon to 55 gallon containers.. tractor Supply also has good prices on their Traveller Brand stuff in 5 gallon tubs

where do you live? have access to a Sams Club ? 55 gallons of Rotella is 759 at Sams club.
alternatively, currently 5 gallon pails of Mobil Delvac 1300 are 64 bucks each at Walliemart which is 704 for 55 gallons.. and more man portable if that is a consideration. Rural King if available has really good prices on 15w40 all the way from one gallon to 55 gallon containers.. tractor Supply also has good prices on their Traveller Brand stuff in 5 gallon tubs
I'm kinda in the middle of no where and well over an hour away from a sams club but the place i'm dealing with delivers for free so i'm not gonna mess with traveling and hauling a trailer, they have rotella t4 for $775, ive seen the VOA for Delvac 1300 and will not run it, its way down on anti-wears compared to the gulf and rotella.

I'm kinda in the middle of no where and well over an hour away from a sams club but the place i'm dealing with delivers for free so i'm not gonna mess with traveling and hauling a trailer, they have rotella t4 for $775, ive seen the VOA for Delvac 1300 and will not run it, its way down on anti-wears compared to the gulf and rotella.
There’s no way you can predict or determine that from a $30 spectrographic analysis or typical values from a PDS. The API license has wear requirements and I doubt you’re going to prove the oil doesn’t meet them based on your interpretation of a VOA. No one can do that.

There’s no way you can predict or determine that from a $30 spectrographic analysis or typical values from a PDS. The API license has wear requirements and I doubt you’re going to prove the oil doesn’t meet them based on your interpretation of a VOA. No one can do that.
Just my personal preference, yes delvac 1300 meets all ck4 requirements but i've seen the VOA's on here and on PQIA and when Gulfs anti wear package tallied up to almost 2600 and Delvacs to almost 1800 that was enough of a difference for me when they were comparable in price, actually gulf was cheaper then so double bonus. I may need to buy 1 qt of this CAM2 and send it in for a VOA first, as with anything else "You get what you pay for"

Just my personal preference, yes delvac 1300 meets all ck4 requirements but i've seen the VOA's on here and on PQIA and when Gulfs anti wear package tallied up to almost 2600 and Delvacs to almost 1800 that was enough of a difference for me when they were comparable in price, actually gulf was cheaper then so double bonus. I may need to buy 1 qt of this CAM2 and send it in for a VOA first, as with anything else "You get what you pay for"
None of which quantitatively equates to actual wear performance. Wear testing is complicated and expensive. No one that knows what they are doing would ever even think of using a cheap spectrographic analysis to predict wear.

personal preference is probably the best explainer.. don't like the color of the packaging. I was just offering you some cheaper alternatives, but since you want a 55 gallon drum and the people deliver, well that is worth something too.

Does anyone here have any experience with this Cam2 syn blend 15w40? tried finding a voa on it but did not find one. Used gulf super duty 15w40 for years but now my supplier jumped the price up big time, called around and another supplier has this for a very good price but curious what i would be getting.

heres a link to their tds- https://cam2.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/80565-320_tds.pdf
I don't use blended oil of any kind, BUT I do use and have used Cam2 5W-30 100% Synthetic for years. I never see it offered on-line these days, but have been lucky enough to find it available at two places in my area, I plan to buy enough to have it on hand for the next 5 years at least. I only change oil and filter every 8,000 to 10,000 miles in my Lincoln Town Car with 150,000 on the odometer. It has never used the tinyist drop of oil between changes during the 12 years and 100,000 that I've owned it~!
Great car and SUPERIOR motor oil~!!

If you think Delvac is an inferior product, you really don’t know much about oil.
You can’t just ‘add up’ metallic elements and say one is better.
But, if that kind of logic works in your life, all the best to you!

Back