Taycans all over the place...

I saw my first one a couple of months ago...
Now I am seeing them almost every day; I got a good look at one in the neighborhood instead of flying down the freeway.

Beautiful cars, I can tell you that much!
Kinda like a much better looking Panamera + 911 combo.

I like the looks of them as well. Have seen a few in St. Louis and quite a few more down here in Naples, FL on vacation. Nice to see some other options more in line with the Model S vs Bolt/Leaf/Volts.

Ya. Unlike Tesla this model doesn't generate a heavy dose of "lift off*" regenerative braking so the driving experience is more like an ICE.

*lift off the accelerator

Ya. Unlike Tesla this model doesn't generate a heavy dose of "lift off*" regenerative braking so the driving experience is more like an ICE.

*lift off the accelerator
Not sure if you have much 1 pedal driving under your belt, but I can tell you it spoils you.
Especially on a really responsive car.

Not sure if you have much 1 pedal driving under your belt, but I can tell you it spoils you.
Especially on a really responsive car.
I have a cousin who lives in Santa Clara and has a Model 3. His wife absolutely can't stand the feature as a passenger even when it's on the less aggressive setting. She can't stand the car.

I for years have driven ICE as close to 1-pedal style as possible.

Speaking of the Model 3 vs the Taycan. I read that Porsche engineered the car to deliver a consistent amount of power regardless of the charge. Basically the 0-60 is the same at 20,50,75,100 percent charge. Something that apparently Tesla doesn't do...yet.

Taycan:
2E93F2F5-EFCB-4AD9-90A2-7768FE3158FD.png

I have a cousin who lives in Santa Clara and has a Model 3. His wife absolutely can't stand the feature as a passenger even when it's on the less aggressive setting. She can't stand the car.

I for years have driven ICE as close to 1-pedal style as possible.

Speaking of the Model 3 vs the Taycan. I read that Porsche engineered the car to deliver a consistent amount of power regardless of the charge. Basically the 0-60 is the same at 20,50,75,100 percent charge. Something that apparently Tesla doesn't do...yet.

Not quite, its the model S that is using the older battery architecture and is prone to fade after repeated launches.

The 3 and it newer architecture is nearly fade proof with over 30 launches not varying by more than .2 seconds.

The Taycan although very well engineered does exhibit power loss under track conditions, and has done so sooner than the model 3 at the Ring cutting power at a lap and a half vs the 3 laps the model 3 can do.

Regen braking takes getting used to. We are so accustomed to moving our right foot from accelerator to brake pedal.
When I first drove the Model 3, the car quickly decelerated like stomping on the brake.
But you learn; it becomes second nature and you have better control of the car.
Our RX hybrid also has regenerative braking, but not nearly as strong as the Tesla.
That's my experience; I'm sure some people feel differently.

Not quite, its the model S that is using the older battery architecture and is prone to fade after repeated launches.

The 3 and it newer architecture is nearly fade proof with over 30 launches not varying by more than .2 seconds.

The Taycan although very well engineered does exhibit power loss under track conditions, and has done so sooner than the model 3 at the Ring cutting power at a lap and a half vs the 3 laps the model 3 can do.
Just to reiterate. This is a

What was the charge level at the 30th run?

Regen braking takes getting used to. We are so accustomed to moving our right foot from accelerator to brake pedal.
When I first drove the Model 3, the car quickly decelerated like stomping on the brake.
But you learn; it becomes second nature and you have better control of the car.
Our RX hybrid also has regenerative braking, but not nearly as strong as the Tesla.
That's my experience; I'm sure some people feel differently.

I got used to one foot braking driving my boat.
It will decelerate so hard on lift passengers often ask how I put on the brakes.

Ive never driven any vehicle like this, and never would unless the factory was footing the bill.

The claim is the taycan 265KW regeneration (charge) is the culprit, not the discharge which is why you can stomp on it for 1/4 mile at a time then slow down and drive back to the start over and over again but track with continuous on and off braking is an achilles heel.

the model 3 can only do half a lap at the ring without reducing power

the model 3 can only do half a lap at the ring without reducing power
I thought so too.

One guy got 3 out of his - I think the performance version makes a difference here as it has a " track mode" that sets all fans and cooling to high.

Looking for the vid....

When the Octovalves freeze it's good to have the AutoPilot, a sleeping bag and a video about overheating on the Nordschleife. Now, how to configure a Taycan for ...up in Quebec?

Back