Wally, AAP, and AutoZone stop carrying 151R battery.

AAP and AutoZone both indicate they sell about 1 every 6-9 months if they are lucky.

The last time I got a 151R was at Auto Sine for almost $160 abut 8+ years ago and that was because the factory battery kept dying and I needed one for the wife. Not sure how much Wally charge at the time but most other batteries were $130 at Wally.

Now many battrries at AutoZone is $230 whole Wally raised to $160 but they stop carrying 151R. The last time I saw 151R at Wally was 2 years ago for $150, located right next to 51R and 24 for thr same price.

151REXT in stock O'Reilly $209.99. 8 years ago we'd sell those regularly. Now, I can't remember the last time I sold one.

370cca, means limited applications?
Until I figure out how to cut through 2 thick metal at an odd angle, 151R is what I have to watch out for. The Duralast Gold from AZ had been surviving the last 8 winters with temp in thr single digit at least 5 days out the year and many 10-20 degree days.

But yeah, I would love to be able to run 24 or big bad 29DC marine battery for lower price. Here is the 29DC for 50% less and 825 CCA. And that is almost half the price of what 151R cost at non-Wally. I may try to relocate battery to the trunk.

151REXT in stock O'Reilly $209.99. 8 years ago we'd sell those regularly. Now, I can't remember the last time I sold one.
With the Honda Fit discontinued in the US, AAP and AutoZone said they don’t carry it as they dint remember thr last time they sold one. And even when they did carry it, they sold 1-3 annually if that.

With the Honda Fit discontinued in the US, AAP and AutoZone said they don’t carry it as they dint remember thr last time they sold one. And even when they did carry it, they sold 1-3 annually if that.

If I remember right, the first gen Civic hybrid and the Fit are the only cars that use it?

Try ordering one from walmart? You will loose the ability to do a core exchange in the store, but at least you will get the battery and get to keep the old one as a backup?

Does honda have a solution at for their dealers that service these fits i presume?

Until I figure out how to cut through 2 thick metal at an odd angle, 151R is what I have to watch out for. The Duralast Gold from AZ had been surviving the last 8 winters with temp in thr single digit at least 5 days out the year and many 10-20 degree days.

But yeah, I would love to be able to run 24 or big bad 29DC marine battery for lower price. Here is the 29DC for 50% less and 825 CCA. And that is almost half the price of what 151R cost at non-Wally. I may try to relocate battery to the trunk.
Not sure which generation of Fit you have, but the modest upgrade shown in the video below seems reasonable. The 51R is not 750 CCA like a 24F, but it is a lot cheaper than a 151R and readily available everywhere.

Try ordering one from walmart? You will loose the ability to do a core exchange in the store, but at least you will get the battery and get to keep the old one as a backup?

Does honda have a solution at for their dealers that service these fits i presume?
Early gen 1 Fit can take 51R and even first year or two of Gen 2 can take 51R without mod because Jazz is spec-ed for 51R. But Honda ISA decided to put a metal housing in later Gen 2 models and the housing has to be cut at two opposite angles as well as the plastic casing so thr battery can sit side way.

I had seen Gen 1 with 24 or 24F battery because it was a wide open space there. Sorta like Accord I4 uses 51R but V6 uses 24 even though engine bay layout is almost the same with much more room in the I4. I also had seen I4 Accord with 2 51R, one for starting/main and one for accessories while they idle or sit with engine off at shows.

Good reason batteries should ACTUALLY be standardized instead of following a wierd 1940’s era grouping scheme.

Outside a handful of cars a group 24 or 27 should be the only batteries allowed. There is no reason a gas or diesel car should ever need anything else.

Saving a couple of pounds on the battery to have it cost more and go dead if you run your radio 15 minutes is bs

Good reason batteries should ACTUALLY be standardized instead of following a wierd 1940’s era grouping scheme.

Outside a handful of cars a group 24 or 27 should be the only batteries allowed. There is no reason a gas or diesel car should ever need anything else.

Saving a couple of pounds on the battery to have it cost more and go dead if you run your radio 15 minutes is bs
Modern cars are loaded down with electronics and power hungry accessories...and that infernal stop/start function.
My 2018 BMW M550iX actually has two batteries. A main starting battery Group 95R/H9 950cca 105AH and an aux battery Group 47/H5 650cca 60AH to run all the accessories under the start/stop function, as well as the servo controlled rear wheel steering and active servo anti roll bars. This is actually quite common to a lot of BMWs, to include 5 series, 7 series, X5, etc.

At least with european manufacturers, they do follow the H standard for battery sizing making it really simple. Most european cars take an H4 to an H9. Its a simple system. My old Ferrari takes and H7 760cca, my old BMW takes an H8 900cca

Back