Batterys 2019 F150 3.3

Got original factory battery. 2019. It's actually fine right now. No issues. But it's pushing 5 years old. So I know it's in its last couple of years. My experience anyhow. I haven't bought a battery in ten years . Stick with a motorcraft replacement when the time comes ? Or anything that advance auto , Orileys , AutoZone Carrys . I have a Napa and Wal-Mart near by also . I'm not stuck on motorcraft . I don't know who even makes them . I do have the start stop **** on the vehicle . Just wondering. Thanks WarDawg

Got original factory battery. 2019. It's actually fine right now. No issues. But it's pushing 5 years old. So I know it's in its last couple of years. My experience anyhow. I haven't bought a battery in ten years . Stick with a motorcraft replacement when the time comes ? Or anything that advance auto , Orileys , AutoZone Carrys . I have a Napa and Wal-Mart near by also . I'm not stuck on motorcraft . I don't know who even makes them . I do have the start stop **** on the vehicle . Just wondering. Thanks WarDawg
check for the walmart batteries to say “made in germany on them” when looking at the platinums. they’re the ones to buy.

Make sure you reset the BMS on that Ford. A H7 will fit even if it came with a H6 (higher trims came with H7's). If you have Forscan look into doing it that way. There is a non-tech way of doing it, but you'll have to google it (I don't know it)

Picking a new battery seems like a roll of the dice nowadays. You either get one that lasts a decade or it junks out in 2-3 years. I have an '18 with OG battery and it still goes strong. I top it up at least once a month and turned BMS off which turns auto stop/start off.....

If the engine is cranking fine, get the battery load tested. You may be fine.

I know it's in its last couple of years.
That's a wildly vague thing to say about a 5 year old battery whilst in the middle of our first real cold weather.
Not a criticism....it just sounded funny.
But hey, the time to get familiar with the ins and outs of todays battery types and sources and reset tools is now!

Also notable is that battery type, FLA or AGM (and perhaps other boutique types) wasn't mentioned.

Is there no chance of getting whatever was installed on the assembly line? It sounds like a good one from your description.
"They always say" there are special parts on the assembly line.

Is BMS the 'thing' which makes the charging system comport with battery type or age?
Tools are made to reset these systems in lieu of a full diagnostic system, no?

To reset the BMS without a forescan, "flash your high beams five times tap the brakes three times, battery light should flash 3X.."

Last edited:
Yeah the cold weather got me thinking about it. The longest factory new battery that I had ( Toyota Tundra 2005 lasted right out 7 years. Most others was 5-6 years. That’s why I said I’m in my window. But I will run it till it happens. Just when it does I want a battery in mind to put in there. I don’t mind paying reasonably more for a better battery in a vehicle I plan on keeping a good while. Thanks for the reply’s. Wardawg

Back