h9/95R FLA Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Nice that you've gotten a German made battery. The OEM ones seem to last a long time.

Does JCI produce batteries in Germany as well?

JCI/Clarios owns Varta in Germany and Spain. It's a crapshoot if you'll get a Varta(it will have a small sticker saying Made in Germany or Spain and visible circular fill hole covers) or a Mexican-made battery.

And to add to confusion, Walmart has been sourcing Korean batteries in BCI/SAE and DIN/EN sizes made by a Hyundai subsidiary.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Nice that you've gotten a German made battery. The OEM ones seem to last a long time.

Does JCI produce batteries in Germany as well?

JCI/Clarios owns Varta in Germany and Spain. It's a crapshoot if you'll get a Varta(it will have a small sticker saying Made in Germany or Spain and visible circular fill hole covers) or a Mexican-made battery.

And to add to confusion, Walmart has been sourcing Korean batteries in BCI/SAE and DIN/EN sizes made by a Hyundai subsidiary.

Ahh, so it's a Varta battery...it has a six visible circular fill hole covers. I have since returned the battery because my original one was testing good but I'm still having the same issues that I was having to begin with.

Originally Posted by KE7JFF
Exide I think makes Bosch...

A quick google search yielded the same result for me but the article I found was from 2008...

Originally Posted by KE7JFF
Exide I think makes Bosch...

A quick google search yielded the same result for me but the article I found was from 2008...

Yeah, I think that's still true as I looked at the 96AGM Bosch that is in my works' core return pile and compared it to a 96AGM Land Rover factory battery which I know is made by Exide and they are the same.

I looked at the AAA application guide for the 2008 BMW 550i; shows you can have either a 48 or 96, standard or AGM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back