Any battery sales / rebates? H9 (group 95R) size AGM

Anyone know of any battery sales or rebates going on right now?

I need an AGM battery in H9 (or group 95R) size. Normally I'd just go to Sam's Club and pick up an East Penn but I'm not seeing that size on their website. Pepboys has a Champion brand available for about $185, that seems to be the best deal I'm finding, I assume it's made by Johnson Controls. Are Interstate batteries usually reasonable, or do they tend to be on the expensive side due to the name? Can't find a price for them online, I'll have to call tomorrow. Costco is not an option for me and Walmart doesn't seem to have the H9 battery in AGM either. Think I've exhausted all the cheap options, if anyone knows of a better deal / promotion / rebate, please tell!

My Genesis takes an H9, I've shopped around and all I have found is Auto Zone/O'Reilly's for $199.

Retail Me Not dot Com is a coupon / discount code posting site I use a lot.

You can snag 25-40% off high ticket items if you shop around...

Retail Me Not dot Com is a coupon / discount code posting site I use a lot.

You can snag 25-40% off high ticket items if you shop around...
Specifics?
Advance seems to have stopped accepting 25% codes for batteries now.

Turns out it's real difficult to find these H9 batteries-- only one store nearby had one in stock. So I ended up picking up a Diehard AGM from Advance Auto for $229.00.

Basically I'm paying an extra $29 for the Diehard name as it's just another rebadged Clarios, same as all the other chain stores which sell for $199. Guess that extra $29 well help Advance Auto recoup the $200 million they paid for the Diehard name. But alas, it was the price I had to pay to have a battery today, instead of ordering one and waiting several days.

I could have saved about $50 by going with the smaller H8 size which is readily available at most parts stores, but I figured the extra capacity was worth the money.

Does anyone know how to determine country of origin on these batteries? I know the Clarios AGM are made in Mexico and the US, but this battery has no marking/tags/etc. indicating COO.

Attachments

• dh1.jpg
    dh1.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 35
  • dh2.jpg
    dh2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 35
  • dh3.jpg
    dh3.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 35
was the Champion stickered battery from Pep Boys not available right away???...it too should have been a Clarios (not Johnson Controls since they don't make batteries for a couple years now since selling to Clarios) as well...good luck with your DieHard...

Bill

was the Champion stickered battery from Pep Boys not available right away???...it too should have been a Clarios (not Johnson Controls since they don't make batteries for a couple years now since selling to Clarios) as well...good luck with your DieHard...

Bill
The Champion in the H9 size was shown in stock on their website, but they called me after I ordered it to tell me they don't have it in stock. I could have gone H8 size which also fits this vehicle, but I preferred the larger battery.

Only place even remotely local to me that had an H9 AGM was Advance Auto with their DieHard brand. Guess this is not a popular size and I needed it pretty quick. Date code was 10/20 which I don't consider too bad for a hard to find battery.

Back