switched to the family plan worst mistake ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: whip
^ What does the Android do so well that the Apple doesn't?

Battery lasts about twice as long. It'll connect to our Jbl blue tooth speaker and her iphone wouldn't. We can get free music on the android and ringtones.
I phones camera isn't as good doesn't have tri band network .....it isn't as quick either must I go on?

I find most of those things laughable.

Others have mentioned why throughout the thread, but Ill also add these, which at a minimum give a basis against the S4 and LG:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

58179.png

58181.png

58202.png

While the note does offer better battery life than the S4 (it had better, it has a 3200mAh battery in it), it is questionable if better than the iphone 5S given the above benchmars and some correlation data shown below. It is also giant...

1621986_307154199449094_132609401_n.jpg

In other tests, it shows for correlation how the note and S4 compare, and if you correlate those to the battery tests above, youll see that the life isnt THAT much better in the end either...

battery_test_sf.jpg

The iphone has a 1500mAh battery, but is smaller and lighter at the same time, which to me at least is preferable...

As for cameras, counting pixels without understanding the physics is just an exercise of folly. Yeah, the samsng has 13MP... Some Nokia has 41 MP. Great. Ill take better low light performance. In a comparison, the iphone wins...

Quote:
While the camera on the iPhone 5s is not drastically better than the one found on its predecessor, it is still capable enough to rank Apple's smartphone among the best cameraphones out today. Throughout our testing, it constantly delivered outstanding results regardless of the shooting conditions, so it definitely deserves to hold the top spot in this comparison.

However, the iPhone 5s shares the gold with LG's flagship – the LG G2 – which proved that it is also a force to be reckoned with, beating Apple's smartphone in some tests, yet lagging slightly behind in others.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 gets the bronze, which is still a notable achievement given the fact that it has been on the market for about six months now. Even its compadre – the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – couldn't outpace it, even though the latter demonstrated that its camera is definitely not to be underestimated.

The HTC One, Motorola MOTO X, and Motorola DROID Ultra all come with cameras that promise more than they can deliver. Sure, HTC's Ultrapixel technology and the Clear Pixel sensors used by Motorola's handsets may seem pretty cool on paper, but the results are a tad underwhelming, although still good enough for the needs of the casual photographer.

Nighttime where low light capablity is important is where the too dense MP rating of the sammys failed them.

Source

Looks like the G2 was a nice phone if youre looking to use it for a lot of photos. Too bad it didnt work.

Im sorry that the experience with the carrier has been so poor. And that some of the phones you tried werent great. But I dont think your facts match reality...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: whip
^ What does the Android do so well that the Apple doesn't?

Battery lasts about twice as long. It'll connect to our Jbl blue tooth speaker and her iphone wouldn't. We can get free music on the android and ringtones.
I phones camera isn't as good doesn't have tri band network .....it isn't as quick either must I go on?

I find most of those things laughable.

Others have mentioned why throughout the thread, but Ill also add these, which at a minimum give a basis against the S4 and LG:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5los-review/5

the iphone is like a toyota corolla boring but does the job. Does its job well but your never fully satisfied. Atleast we werent. The s4 and the note 3 are better for us in every way. Works better with our tablets (android) camera is better on paper but is about the same in reality. Battery lasts a lot longer, more free aps, its cooler looking with wiidgets ect....google last I checked was gaining market share and apple wasnt.

I honestly didnt look at your "facts" most of those reviews are biased one way or another. I don't need a "phone geek" to tell me what I should like better. I can use both and figure that out for myself.

58179.png

58181.png

58202.png

While the note does offer better battery life than the S4 (it had better, it has a 3200mAh battery in it), it is questionable if better than the iphone 5S given the above benchmars and some correlation data shown below. It is also giant...

In other tests, it shows for correlation how the note and S4 compare, and if you correlate those to the battery tests above, youll see that the life isnt THAT much better in the end either...

battery_test_sf.jpg

The iphone has a 1500mAh battery, but is smaller and lighter at the same time, which to me at least is preferable...

As for cameras, counting pixels without understanding the physics is just an exercise of folly. Yeah, the samsng has 13MP... Some Nokia has 41 MP. Great. Ill take better low light performance. In a comparison, the iphone wins...

Quote:
While the camera on the iPhone 5s is not drastically better than the one found on its predecessor, it is still capable enough to rank Apple's smartphone among the best cameraphones out today. Throughout our testing, it constantly delivered outstanding results regardless of the shooting conditions, so it definitely deserves to hold the top spot in this comparison.

However, the iPhone 5s shares the gold with LG's flagship – the LG G2 – which proved that it is also a force to be reckoned with, beating Apple's smartphone in some tests, yet lagging slightly behind in others.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 gets the bronze, which is still a notable achievement given the fact that it has been on the market for about six months now. Even its compadre – the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – couldn't outpace it, even though the latter demonstrated that its camera is definitely not to be underestimated.

The HTC One, Motorola MOTO X, and Motorola DROID Ultra all come with cameras that promise more than they can deliver. Sure, HTC's Ultrapixel technology and the Clear Pixel sensors used by Motorola's handsets may seem pretty cool on paper, but the results are a tad underwhelming, although still good enough for the needs of the casual photographer.

Nighttime where low light capablity is important is where the too dense MP rating of the sammys failed them.

Source

Looks like the G2 was a nice phone if youre looking to use it for a lot of photos. Too bad it didnt work.

Im sorry that the experience with the carrier has been so poor. And that some of the phones you tried werent great. But I dont think your facts match reality...

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
The iPhone is NOT the perfect machine the Apple cultists insist it is!

Nobody is saying it is. But it isnt as bad as the OP insists either per actual benchmarks and assessment.

No, but it isn't produced on a line by people who dip their hands in the blood of [censored] before assembling it either, LOL. I have both (5S and S3) and like them both for different things.

Yeah... But it doesn't have to be when the competition is a Samsung Android....
That whole being an eagle is easy when surrounded by turkeys thing applies here.
My current iPhone is 4 years old, still will run for 2 days without recharging, has been dropped and abused, and just keeps on working. OTOH, I was on my third Samsung at work (on Sprint) because of lock ups (the remove the battery and reboot kind) touch screen failures, and the charging jack failing (wouldn't charge) in 2 years. And I'm way more careful with company property than I am with my own stuff. But I digress.... The OP should have had his tax refunded at each transaction if he returned the hardware and was issued a full refund. If he traded up each time, the tax would have been on the difference between the trade in and the new hardware price. Then the whole value refunded at the last transaction. As I said before, Sprint has Hoover syndrome. Everything they do pretty much, well, I'll keep it clean here.

I was due for an upgrade today, and picked up an iPhone 5s. This was a a. Ed upgrade from my iPhone 4. I'm not an apple cultist, I actually bought an android tablet last year. That tablet purchase quickly solidified my preference toward the iPhone though. My uncle and a few friends have Samsung phones and at least once every 3 months one of them is asking for my phone number or email address because all of their contacts disappeared. All of them walk around with a charger in their pocket.

I've never owned and used an Android phone but I think the OS will have to smooth out a bit more before I'll trust one enough to put myself in a position to have to deal with for a couple years. The thing I like most about I devices, they just work…no hoops to jump through, no extra foo foo, no huge contraption to be handling. Just my $0.02, and it's worth what you paid for it.

I recently found out about the ting.com on this website. I got a Samsung galaxy S4 Mini. My first smartphone. I expect my first bill to be less than half Of What I was paying att using a Dumbphone. Better coverage than att in my area too.

So what ended up happening? I can chime in on a few things.

Sales tax needs to be returned. In your scenario one of two things occurred:

1. A restocking fee was charged making it look like you received no tax money back when realistically that money went against the restocking fee that was due.

2. A representative did the exchange process incorrectly.

I know that many people find wireless fees to be bogus but in the case of restocking fees, I find them to be appropriate.

An exchanged device has to be sold as used. No matter what. It needs to be shipped to a warehouse where it is factory reset and checked by quality control. Then it is repackaged and resold on the company's webstore.

Like for Like exchanges, sure, no fee. But that is due to an issue with the phone. Way too many people change their minds too fast and expect that the phone can be sold again as new.

----------------

As far as being out of your 14 day grace period for returning everything? I don't see much success. You will be hit with full prices of each device put on the installment plan, so if you're talking 6 lines I would realistically expect a $3000 bill to cover the full prices of all those devices. And a final bill.

It will be a very tough battle to fight this. It is one thing if you are a long term customer with Sprint. This plays into a lot of manager discretion and understanding. But to them you just seem like a consumer who wasted a lot of inventory, store time, and money for the company. I don't expect them to budge.

I am not trying to be rude, just realistic. I have been in the wireless industry for over 5 years. Some things don't change.

Last edited:
They have admitted they owed it from the very beginning. It is supposed to be there within 5 days of today the bill was fixed so it's looking like I finally got someone who is willing to do their job. Once again there is no restocking fees.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
If you paid with a credit card, it's time to dispute the charges.

BC.

It was my debit card. Could I still dispute the charges?

They have admitted they owed it from the very beginning. It is supposed to be there within 5 days of today the bill was fixed so it's looking like I finally got someone who is willing to do their job. Once again there is no restocking fees.

Who is they? I'd be keeping a journal and writing down names at this point.

Why are you getting involved in this? Given your previous interaction with OP, I would have thought you would stay far away from this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back