SuperTech 5w30 10,000 mile full synthetic 12 qt box

I recently bought 2 boxes of Havoline PRO-DS 5W-30 Dexos2 (6qt for $19.x) at Wal-Mart. My first box ever but I like Chevron oil and price was good.
I immediately dumped one box into a 5qt jug plus a 1qt bottle that I keep in my old cars in case of emergency ...
The box looks solid. I kept it to dump dirty oil. Hopefully it will go in easy and not all over the concrete!
I lay down flat pieces of cardboard under car and under the jugs when I'm pouring oil, draining sump, etc.

I didn't really want to have to resort to buying these boxes but I had to in order to stay consistent with Super-Tech Full syn. OC's. EVERYTHING IS ALMOST GONE! Cost $47.xx here before taxes. Only the Super Tech 20,000 miles Advanced Full synthetic remains. Forget about Synthetic blend. That was probably the first to disappear. When will these additive shortages end?

I didn't really want to have to resort to buying these boxes but I had to in order to stay consistent with Super-Tech Full syn. OC's. EVERYTHING IS ALMOST GONE! Cost $47.xx here before taxes. Only the Super Tech 20,000 miles Advanced Full synthetic remains. Forget about Synthetic blend. That was probably the first to disappear. When will these additive shortages end?
Probably another two years.

Went to my local Walmart the other day, shelves were completely stocked with Mobil1...it was like a Mobil1 refinery exploded into that Walmart. Prices were also substantially lower than all the other brands. But everything looked fully stocked all around in other brands as well, except for Super Tech. Only thing remaining for Super Tech was the boxes and individual quarts. Almost no 5 quart jugs to be found.

Not a big deal to me because I haven’t bought Super Tech since their price increase earlier this spring.

Went to my local Walmart the other day, shelves were completely stocked with Mobil1...it was like a Mobil1 refinery exploded into that Walmart. Prices were also substantially lower than all the other brands. But everything looked fully stocked all around in other brands as well, except for Super Tech. Only thing remaining for Super Tech was the boxes and individual quarts. Almost no 5 quart jugs to be found.

Not a big deal to me because I haven’t bought Super Tech since their price increase earlier this spring.
In my area, Mobil 1 has been a lot easier to get than other brands at walmart in the last 12 months. Valvoline is there too ,all other brands are hard to get a hold of at wm. Shelves are bare for the most part and they stay like that.

walmart pricing varies between stores + states as many posted prices are better than my local coal twp pa store, even going to buckhorn-bloomsburg are wallys prices are better here + there + are generally not out of stuff like my local Wallys + getting things delivered to my door at good pricing is great!! last a kind posted notes a 100 ft #12 exterior extension cord for $50 @ wallys.com, i ordered + had it in 4 days on my porch + it was not chinese but tiwan if that matters!

I agree. Kept the quart bottles from last 2 oil changes, 8 from pickup and 4 from wife’s car. Sat the box on my work bench and transferred to the quart bottles. Interesting. I marked the original full levels on the bottles with a Sharpie prior to the 2 oil changes. When I had filled the 12 bottles to the mark, I had almost 1/2 quart left in the bag. Will work good in the future since the Focus and EcoSport take 4 1/2 quarts. They both require 5w20, but I have always used whatever I have left over from previous changes for the half quart, so next time it will be 5w30.

Also used one of the dealer free oil changes last week on the Explorer.

Hoarded a little more this week with an online WM purchase of two 5 gallon jugs of PP 5w20 for $21 each with the $25 gift card Pennzoil rebate.
I’ve never used the box oil. Sounds like more trouble than it’s worth. But a good deal is a good deal when you can find it or pricing mistake

Back