Check to make sure your 5w40 Quaker State Euro Full Synthetic 5 QT jugs are full!

Been lurking here for over a decade whenever I'm seeking some perspective or education on various oil/filter topics. However, today is the day that I make an account to post this PSA. 😆

If you're a 5w40 Quaker State Euro Full Synthetic user, take extra care to check your 5 QT jugs to make sure they're not underfilled from the manufacturer.

Out of 12x "5 QT" jugs at my local Walmart, 10x were underfilled with only ~4.2 QTs. All jugs had the factory seal in-tact, and all underfilled jugs were underfilled to the same degree.

375207715_1364295171157116_7311399711610545680_n.jpg
376374192_693643868797551_8708742425219188787_n.jpg

Last edited:
Talk about cost savings 😂
I tried to see if the manager at the customer service counter would sell all of them to me for a discount; she said the most she could do was 10% and I politely declined, as there is more than 10% of the advertised volume missing. :ROFLMAO:

My jug was filled correctly. I never crack the seal without looking at the window first.
Then I always shake the oil jug contents before opening..... no matter what brand it is.

Kamber
Do you live in Massachusetts? If so, that could explain why your jugs were short-filled. Quaker Colonists were banned from Massachusetts in1656, after forming the Quaker Movement.

That's too long to be still holding a grudge. An option would be to move..... or switch to another brand. A Pennsylvania move would be good and should guarantee full-fills of your jugs. It's become the Patron State for Quakers.

Last edited:
this thing happens when you gut the Quality Control Department.

Which is becoming the norm across many industries. Cheaper to pay a few warranty claims or deal with customers complaints than it is to pay employees with benefits and retirement packages. Reputations for quality out the window.

Z

My jug was filled correctly. I never crack the seal without looking at the window first.
Then I always shake the oil jug contents before opening..... no matter what brand it is.

Kamber
Do you live in Massachusetts? If so, that could explain why your jugs were short-filled. Quaker Colonists were banned from Massachusetts in1656, after forming the Quaker Movement.

That's too long to be still holding a grudge. An option would be to move..... or switch to another brand. A Pennsylvania move would be good and should guarantee full-fills of your jugs. It's become the Patron State for Quakers.
My colonial Quaker ancestors lived in New Jersey. :)
If you were living in colonial Massachusetts, you had better have been a Congregationalist. My 10x great grandfather was nearly legally whipped to death for being caught ministering as a Baptist.

Back