SuperTech 5w30 10,000 mile full synthetic 12 qt box

Just bought it online and did the curbside pickup at the local WM For $41.88. Cheaper to buy it online and pickup than to buy off shelf. Was going to buy two 6 qt Havoline boxes, but they were out of stock for 5w30. I am trying to build up a stock given recent shortages and price increases. Have 5 qts of Napa 0w20 full synthetic, 12 qts of Napa 5w20 full synthetic, 10 qts of Napa 5w20 synthetic blend, 5 qts of Pennzoil 5w20 synthetic, 5 qt jug of 5w20 SuperTech synthetic, 12 qts of Napa 5w30 full synthetic in addition to today’s purchase. Plus 9 FL-500S filters, 2 Napa Gold 1348 filters & 16 FL-910S filters. And I still have 3 free dealer oil changes. Maybe I am okay for a 2 to 3 years. Have an Explorer, F150, old Focus with 185,000 on the clock, EcoSport and I maintain daughter’s Mustang. Use lots of oil since I am a maintenance OCD kinda guy.

They’re $50 at my local store. I mentioned this in another thread with a slightly different subject.

Just bought it online and did the curbside pickup at the local WM For $41.88. Cheaper to buy it online and pickup than to buy off shelf. Was going to buy two 6 qt Havoline boxes, but they were out of stock for 5w30. I am trying to build up a stock given recent shortages and price increases. Have 5 qts of Napa 0w20 full synthetic, 12 qts of Napa 5w20 full synthetic, 10 qts of Napa 5w20 synthetic blend, 5 qts of Pennzoil 5w20 synthetic, 5 qt jug of 5w20 SuperTech synthetic, 12 qts of Napa 5w30 full synthetic in addition to today’s purchase. Plus 9 FL-500S filters, 2 Napa Gold 1348 filters & 16 FL-910S filters. And I still have 3 free dealer oil changes. Maybe I am okay for a 2 to 3 years. Have an Explorer, F150, old Focus with 185,000 on the clock, EcoSport and I maintain daughter’s Mustang. Use lots of oil since I am a maintenance OCD kinda guy.

I just had to do the same.thing on VML Blend 10W-30. Had to pay for it online while standing and looking at it to get it for $17.47 instead of $19.47. I have done the same thing at about a half dozen other retailers. I guess most people just pay the marked price and they make the extra bucks.

They’re $50 at my local store. I mentioned this in another thread with a slightly different subject.

I think they are something like $49.88 for 10K here and M1 is $53.00. Never mind Havoline LL is $19.97 per 6 qt box. Why would people pay $10 more for ST 10K in a harder to use comtainer than Havoline?

I think they are something like $49.88 for 10K here and M1 is $53.00. Never mind Havoline LL is $19.97 per 6 qt box. Why would people pay $10 more for ST 10K in a harder to use comtainer than Havoline?
Would have preferred Havoline. No stock of 5w30. The ST was the next best alternative.

Would have preferred Havoline. No stock of 5w30. The ST was the next best alternative.

I wasn't trying to criticize your choice. Just trying to figure out why Walmart has ST 10k at $50 when it's so.close to $53 M1 or you can get two easier to handle 6 qt HLL for $40. The in store pricing to me has no logic.

Those boxes are a pain to use.
I agree. Kept the quart bottles from last 2 oil changes, 8 from pickup and 4 from wife’s car. Sat the box on my work bench and transferred to the quart bottles. Interesting. I marked the original full levels on the bottles with a Sharpie prior to the 2 oil changes. When I had filled the 12 bottles to the mark, I had almost 1/2 quart left in the bag. Will work good in the future since the Focus and EcoSport take 4 1/2 quarts. They both require 5w20, but I have always used whatever I have left over from previous changes for the half quart, so next time it will be 5w30.

Also used one of the dealer free oil changes last week on the Explorer.

Hoarded a little more this week with an online WM purchase of two 5 gallon jugs of PP 5w20 for $21 each with the $25 gift card Pennzoil rebate.

I actually love these box containers. I just reuse oil jugs and fill as needed for the capacity I need at the time. I also picked up 12 of the 0w20 and 5w20 full synthetic boxes when they were something like $12 on clearance. Maybe that's why I like them so much...

Be careful how much stash you accumulate to save money. I've seen many when the owner calculated it out he had 30 years worth of oil changes. wound up giving away a large chunk of it. Started stashing to save money and wound up giving it away is the paradox. :)

I like to snipe killer deals and clearances but never stash more than 2-3 years worth of changes. in that time period there is near 100% chance I will find another deal to snipe. Generally every time they change API grades or a new certification type comes out you can find clearance oils of the oil type.

I just keep a clean jug and top off to my exact needed amount for what the OCI calls for. I am staying positive as I have bought several of these boxes when they cheap...

Love the boxes, especially the 12-qt ones. I just open the spigot and transfer what's needed to older, previous 5-qt and 1-qt plastic containers. I take them to the vehicles.

I've come to find the 12-qt box spigots don't leak whatsoever. Nary a drop is wasted once the valve is completely closed. For me, one 12-qt box is good for two OCI's. Actually, a recent M1 0W-40 box had well in excess of 12 quarts in it. That was a bonus.

I've also found modest bulk box savings as well. But that's me. YMMV.

Love the boxes, especially the 12-qt ones. I just open the spigot and transfer what's needed to older, previous 5-qt and 1-qt plastic containers. I take them to the vehicles.

I've come to find the 12-qt box spigots don't leak whatsoever. Nary a drop is wasted once the valve is completely closed. For me, one 12-qt box is good for two OCI's. Actually, a recent M1 0W-40 box had well in excess of 12 quarts in it. That was a bonus.

I've also found modest bulk box savings as well. But that's me. YMMV.
Have you been able to get all 12 quarts out without much fuss? My car takes 4 quarts so this would be a handy way to do 3 oil changes with 1 purchase. I just worry about that third oil change only getting 3.5 quarts out of the box and fighting a wrinkly plastic bag.

Have you been able to get all 12 quarts out without much fuss? My car takes 4 quarts so this would be a handy way to do 3 oil changes with 1 purchase. I just worry about that third oil change only getting 3.5 quarts out of the box and fighting a wrinkly plastic bag.
Yes. It's no problem. I had to tilt the box slightly to get the last 1/2 qt or so out, but it wasn't bad. The plastic valve was was precise and didn't leak a drop when fully closed. You could tilt the nearly empty box off the edge of the shelf while operating the valve and directing the last ounces of oil into an empty, previously used oil container (say a 1-qt or 5-qt plastic jug). That's what I did and it was painless. Once in a previously used plastic container, it's easy to move to and dispense in your vehicle.

Using the M1 box was a pleasant experience.

Please note: my last 12-qt box of M1 Euro 0W-40 oil came with almost 13 quarts loaded into it (I'm not saying this is normal). This was a surprise.

Last edited:
Be careful how much stash you accumulate to save money. I've seen many when the owner calculated it out he had 30 years worth of oil changes. wound up giving away a large chunk of it. Started stashing to save money and wound up giving it away is the paradox. :)

I like to snipe killer deals and clearances but never stash more than 2-3 years worth of changes. in that time period there is near 100% chance I will find another deal to snipe. Generally every time they change API grades or a new certification type comes out you can find clearance oils of the oil type.
This is true. I'm starting to wonder if I should sell off some of my stash of Pro DS. I'd like to use an A3 rated oil in my Navigator with it's miles of timing chains.

I recently bought 2 boxes of Havoline PRO-DS 5W-30 Dexos2 (6qt for $19.x) at Wal-Mart. My first box ever but I like Chevron oil and price was good.
I immediately dumped one box into a 5qt jug plus a 1qt bottle that I keep in my old cars in case of emergency ...
The box looks solid. I kept it to dump dirty oil. Hopefully it will go in easy and not all over the concrete!

Back