Super Tech win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough in this situation, but they're known to poop out their valve seats. I don't think there's anything that can be done to avoid it honestly.

Originally Posted by PimTac
If she had to drive up any kind of steep hill you would have found out earlier. Luck and good fortune was on your side.

+1

Maybe a high mileage oil might help with consumption? Supertech has their synthetic high mileage now and there regular high mileage which is semi seynthetic.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Also, I could be wrong, but I believe that engine has a 6 quart capacity.

The BIG question here is.. how on earth did it end up 4 quarts low?? Does it have a huge leak or is something else going on?

No significant leaks, strangely enough. No puddles under the car on the garage floor, and no smoking tailpipe. Don't know where the oil is going.
Wife would have said something if she'd seen or heard something odd, and she didn't.

Yes, I check the oil regularly; as I said, every time I wash a car I check all the fluids....and I usually wash them weekly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by code5coupe

No significant leaks, strangely enough. No puddles under the car on the garage floor, and no smoking tailpipe. Don't know where the oil is going.

My money is on the CCV system. The missing oil is exiting the crank case via the PCV and ending up partly burned and partly coating the inside of the intake.

Won't hurt anything unless the intake design is one of those funky short/long runner kind with an actuated set of valves to switch between the short and long runners. Those can get gunked up and malfunction when there is a lot of oily sludge coming thru the PCV line and building up on the surfaces of the interior of the intake.

Put a catch can on it and see what it catches. If it's filling up about as quickly as the engine is losing oil, I win a cookie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back