New Walmart Super Tech Full Synthetic oil

Supertech seems like a decent synthetic oil. I would trust just about any synthetic oil for a 6k oci, whichever I could get cheapest. Without rebates that's usually supertech. But if you wanted to do a 10k plus oci, I would go upmarket to a 229.5 oil or similar.

Originally Posted by Kage860
Supertech seems like a decent synthetic oil. I would trust just about any synthetic oil for a 6k oci, whichever I could get cheapest. Without rebates that's usually supertech. But if you wanted to do a 10k plus oci, I would go upmarket to a 229.5 oil or similar.

I've seen a couple UOA tests on here a couple being over 7500 miles and it looked fine.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
The bottle in the OP's link doesn't have the dexos label on it, what am I missing?

That's what I was thinking. And it doesn't list anything about it on the back label either.
is this a non dexos version ?

I'm not seeing the Dexos license number on THAT packaging, so THAT container of oil pictured is likely not made by Warren, and is likely one of the other many bottlers, like Citgo, Chevron or Amalie.

The SuperTech oils that are made by Warren will have the Dexos license number on the package and will clearly state meets Dexos requirements. I've compared different shaped bottles side by side and one bottle, obviously made by a different oil company, doesn't list the same specs on the bottle.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
Originally Posted by wemay
Yes, same d1G2 license number as MAG1.

What is the actual license number?

Sorry, wasn't looking at the viscosity. SuperTech 5w20 syn is not on the list of approved d1G2 oils, only 0w20 and 5w30.

https://www.gmdexos.com/owner/brands/dexos1/index.html

In which case, looking up the UPC code will also divulge the blender info as Bud_One has advised.

Its an API rated oil and not any better or worse (at any price) then any other API rated oil of the same classification. :eek:)
Boring, yes I know.
Use it and it will perform just as good or better then oils costing twice the price.

Last edited:
I've noticed the same while at Wally World... Their 5W30 DOES have the DEXOS Label, but their 5W20 does not for some odd reason.

Awesome oil! We rack up 5-6k a month between me and the wife. 10k oil change intervals no problem on this oil. Great stuff at an awesome price.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I, too, finally broke down last year and started using ST 5W-30 synthetic (high milage) in my 92 Explorer. I don't think this is very scientific, but it seems the engine starts a tad easier in the cold, the oil pressure needle moves rather fast into place, and things run very smooth and quiet. It gets run a lot of stop/go driving, and for the price, well . . . $15.88 for 5 qts of ST-FS vs $28.00 for M1 . . . I think I'll stick with the ST

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Originally Posted by CR94
Originally Posted by Gokhan
... For example, ST HM 0W-20 FS is of GTL-quality or near-GTL-quality, surpassing Pennzoil, Quaker State, ...
How have you disproved Pennzoil's claim of being made with GTL?

If you look at the list, BOQI for them are between 57 - 59; so, they are all about of the same base-oil quality within the measurement errors. ...
I'd say your BOQI analysis is pretty thin grounds for telling us SOPUS has been telling a whopper about using GTL in Pennzoil.

I'd say your BOQI analysis is pretty thin grounds for telling us SOPUS has been telling a whopper about using GTL in Pennzoil.

PP is GTL. But there are other oils that also use GTL. Also, some Group III+++ base stocks are of GTL quality. Again, ST HM and PP scored about the same. Perhaps, ST HM uses Shell XHVI, which uses Bintulu GTL wax as the feedstock.

BOQI is useless no matter how you look at it.
33.gif

Originally Posted by Patman
33.gif

Watching those posts is like watching a soap opera.

You know he has a PhD, right? And multiple peer-reviewed published papers.

Oh and I just saw several postdoc appointments.

Just wanted to make sure you knew
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
33.gif

Watching those posts is like watching a soap opera.

You know he has a PhD, right? And multiple peer-reviewed published papers.

And all of that got him a 1985 Corolla! Wow! Impressive.
crackmeup2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

What does that have to do with anything?

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

crackmeup2.gif

What does that have to do with anything?

Exactly. Don't judge people by what they drive. In the book "millionaire next door" it states that most wealthy people drive extraordinarily cheap vehicles and the ones that drive nicer cars tend to have a lot of debt. Plus who knows what is going on with ones life. Maybe they are going thru some medical issues or a divorce or a disability so please lets not judge people by the cars they drive!

Last edited:
Back