New Walmart Super Tech Full Synthetic oil

My dad had a customer in the 1980's that was forever patching up his pick-up truck from the late 1960's and always asking my dad for a better price. The one day he got in the truck and the guy had his account book open on the seat and my dad glanced at it and he had millions in the bank in the 1980's.

From then on my dad would inflate the price to him and then cut some off the top when he would ask so he felt he was getting a deal when he was just getting the regular price everyone else did. The only reason he would trim corners initially was because he felt bad for the guy.

He regularly did free mechanical work for single mothers at the time struggling to get by with kids as his way to give back to the community just for some insight into how he operates. They would often bake something and drop it off as what payment they could afford although he never asked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by deven

Don't judge people by what they drive. In the book "millionaire next door" it states that most wealthy people drive extraordinarily cheap vehicles and the ones that drive nicer cars tend to have a lot of debt. . Maybe they are going thru some medical issues or a divorce or a disability so please lets not judge people by the cars they drive!

We only live once. I have a brother in law that's worth 1.25M that can he access and lives like he's on welfare with 25 year-old rusted vehicles and clothes that came from the nearest shelter.

He's never married - no kids and always lived with his mom in her home. He's going to be 60 years-old this year. His backyard looks like Sanford & Sons.... basement too. A genuine sheenie-man and looks exactly like one.
I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Don't judge people by what they drive. In the book "millionaire next door" it states that most wealthy people drive extraordinarily cheap vehicles and the ones that drive nicer cars tend to have a lot of debt. . Maybe they are going thru some medical issues or a divorce or a disability so please lets not judge people by the cars they drive!

We only live once. I have a brother in law that's worth 1.25M that can he access and lives like he's on welfare with 25 year-old rusted vehicles and clothes that came from the nearest shelter.

He's never married - no kids and always lived with his mom in her home. He's going to be 60 years-old this year. His backyard looks like Sanford & Sons.... basement too. A genuine sheenie-man and looks exactly like one.
I just don't get it.

When I worked in retail setting I used to work in a very affluent neighborhood. I found out pretty fast that the wealthiest people are also the most frugal out there. It is crazy how that works!

so please lets not judge people by the cars they drive!

Where's the fun in that?

Personally I drive mediocre cars. That way I can look down on people who drive heaps AND look down at those who are clearly keeping up with the Joneses. Best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by BillyTheKid
So does ST make you rich or poor? I need to know if it is worth buying for my future wealth?

What do you think Bonney?

Originally Posted by supton

Where's the fun in that?

Personally I drive mediocre cars. That way I can look down on people who drive heaps AND look down at those who are clearly keeping up with the Joneses. Best of both worlds.
looking down at people looking down at you.
I like to my inexpensive yet really reliable vehicles.
I like the look of money in my banking account more than a nice vehicle.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by supton

Where's the fun in that?

looking down at people looking down at you.
I like my inexpensive yet really reliable vehicles.
I like the look of money in my banking account more than a nice vehicle that doesn't last any longer.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by Patman

And all of that got him a 1985 Corolla! Wow! Impressive.
crackmeup2.gif

What does that have to do with anything?

Exactly. Don't judge people by what they drive. In the book "millionaire next door" it states that most wealthy people drive extraordinarily cheap vehicles and the ones that drive nicer cars tend to have a lot of debt. Plus who knows what is going on with ones life. Maybe they are going thru some medical issues or a divorce or a disability so please lets not judge people by the cars they drive!

^^^ good point^^^

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

I just don't get it.

When I worked in retail setting I used to work in a very affluent neighborhood. I found out pretty fast that the wealthiest people are also the most frugal out there. It is crazy how that works!

That's why they're wealthy and the other aren't.

In the book "millionaire next door" it states that most wealthy people drive extraordinarily cheap vehicles and the ones that drive nicer cars tend to have a lot of debt.

I can confirm. My mother in laws boyfriend is worth 50 to 100 million dollars and lives in a $225K house and drives a $1000 pickup truck. And when you go out to dinner with him, he makes sure the bill is split up and everyone pays their own bill. Rich people don't get filthy rich by wasting money.

Originally Posted by bubbatime

I can confirm. My mother in laws boyfriend is worth 50 to 100 million dollars and lives in a $225K house and drives a $1000 pickup truck. And when you go out to dinner with him, he makes sure the bill is split up and everyone pays their own bill. Rich people don't get filthy rich by wasting money.

He might be rich, but thats just sad.

That's easy … I'd pick up the tab and decline any future meals … would not waste the waiters time or want to be around a weird guy again …

Originally Posted by 4WD
That's easy … I'd pick up the tab and decline any future meals … would not waste the waiters time or want to be around a weird guy again …

Why? Do you expect a free meal every time he is there?

No do you smart (edit - mod) … how about you rotate like normal people …

Last edited by a moderator:
I just look down on everyone. It keeps life simple. If they drive a cheaper car than me, it's because they can't afford one like me, if they drive a more expensive car it's because they are trying to show off, and if they drive the same car as me it is because they want to be like me.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
Let's tone it down a bit, and keep the personal stuff aside.

Good point.

BACK ON TOPIC: ST syn is $15.98 at my wal Mart also
smile.gif

Check this out! I just saw this at my local Walmart (Sterling, IL). Couldn't believe it when I saw it! The only 0W-16 I knew about was Pennzoil and Amsoil. I also saw a Mobil 1 AFE 0W-16 but I was genuinely shocked to see Supertech 0W-16. Very cool.

I've been using various HM oils in my cars lately- Pennzoil Platinum, Mobil 1, Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic Blend and QS Defy (0W-20 and 5W-20 for the Odyssey, 5W-30 in the Camry). Going forward I plan on using Supertech HM Full Synthetic with confidence in both of my cars.

2B05EBEE-5D3D-4735-B2A3-F6169CF1AA44.jpeg

Back