Stupid Airport mm-wave Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bigmike

Am I expected to keep you on task here?

OK..sorry I took what you were saying out of context.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: scurvy
I would rather be able to look the person in the eye who has to give me a government-mandated groping than have some anonymous person in a remote location get to look through my skivvies and quite probably save them, as the US Marshalls did in 2010... Gizmodo obtained many of the 35,000 images illegally saved by the US Marshalls with a legal FIOA and posted 100 of them, sans identifying features. Backscatter & millimeter wave scanners also cannot easily see through turbans, burqas, casts, prostheses or even loose clothing. Undercover TSA agents have routinely been able to go through full body scanners with concealed weapons without detection.

But I have almost completely stopped flying except for business trips. Poor airline service and dehumanizing, awkward and IMO illegal security theater has eliminated any remaining desire to fly.

I could care less what they see. Ive been tempted to remove my shirt and drop my pants in the airport because the stupid back of hand pat downs are offensive. Would rather just bare all, no different than being at the beach.

If people are really doing anything funny with the TSA images, that's sad. The people are likely strangers whom they will not see again (besides celebrities, etc.). There are better ways to see anatomy than the mm wave.

If enough folks regularly boycotted the mm wave, the lines would back up so much that things would have to change.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: scurvy
I would rather be able to look the person in the eye who has to give me a government-mandated groping than have some anonymous person in a remote location get to look through my skivvies and quite probably save them, as the US Marshalls did in 2010... Gizmodo obtained many of the 35,000 images illegally saved by the US Marshalls with a legal FIOA and posted 100 of them, sans identifying features. Backscatter & millimeter wave scanners also cannot easily see through turbans, burqas, casts, prostheses or even loose clothing. Undercover TSA agents have routinely been able to go through full body scanners with concealed weapons without detection.

But I have almost completely stopped flying except for business trips. Poor airline service and dehumanizing, awkward and IMO illegal security theater has eliminated any remaining desire to fly.

I could care less what they see. Ive been tempted to remove my shirt and drop my pants in the airport because the stupid back of hand pat downs are offensive. Would rather just bare all, no different than being at the beach.

If people are really doing anything funny with the TSA images, that's sad. The people are likely strangers whom they will not see again (besides celebrities, etc.). There are better ways to see anatomy than the mm wave.

If enough folks regularly boycotted the mm wave, the lines would back up so much that things would have to change.

I like this idea. Overwhelm the system and change will happen. But will it be change for the good?

I could care less what they see. Ive been tempted to remove my shirt and drop my pants in the airport because the stupid back of hand pat downs are offensive. Would rather just bare all, no different than being at the beach.......
I've been tempted to buy a man-thong for my next trip and do just this -- you wanna see, have a good look.

And at 290lbs, it ain't gonna' be pretty......

Ive been tempted to remove my shirt and drop my pants in the airport because the stupid back of hand pat downs are offensive.

They probably need to hire Hooters girls to grope male travelers. Would probably be less offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back