Strangest street names?

I've seen some doozies, but I'm sure they are everywhere.

Two that always stuck with me are..

Chain O'Hills Rd
and
Preventorium Rd.

The first sounds like I'm in Ireland 🇮🇪. The second.. like I'm headed to Silent Hill.

What are some of the craziest street names you've ever seen, and, if you want, where were they?

I've seen some doozies, but I'm sure they are everywhere.

Two that always stuck with me are..

Chain O'Hills Rd
and
Preventorium Rd.

The first sounds like I'm in Ireland 🇮🇪. The second.. like I'm headed to Silent Hill.

What are some of the craziest street names you've ever seen, and, if you want, where were they?
Washoe Valley Nevada has Lonesome Pole Cat Road.

"Preventorium"? I love it.

We have a Canal Street that never had a canal in or along it, a highway called "Chef Menteur" which means "Big Liar," and a boulevard named "Lapalco." Some think it was named for some Spanish nobleman, i.e., "La Palco," but it just stands for "LouisianA Power And Light COmpany."

"Preventorium"? I love it.

We have a Canal Street that never had a canal in or along it, a highway called "Chef Menteur" which means "Big Liar," and a boulevard named "Lapalco." Some think it was named for some Spanish nobleman, i.e., "La Palco," but it just stands for "LouisianA Power And Light COmpany."

If I wasn't already ad nauseum discussed about "taking pics while driving" I would. I've seriously thought about pulling to the shoulder, just before that overpass, to get it.

It sounds like I'd be heading to the insane asylum. It really does.

Preventorium Rd

I've also seen Large St in Philadelphia PA.

Pretty sure Small St is somewhere.

I've seen Easy St on an actual road sign too, that's it's name...

Lots of Native american and spanish road names here. Japatul, Symeron are a couple and they remembered Custer!

My road was named by the original home stedders Olin and Vera. They named mine Olivera Ln.

General Custer?

If I wasn't already ad nauseum discussed about "taking pics while driving" I would. I've seriously thought about pulling to the shoulder, just before that overpass, to get it.

It sounds like I'd be heading to the insane asylum. It really does.

Preventorium Rd
If you're talking about Preventorium near Howell High School and Farmingdale, NJ I think it was named after the Preventorium, which was a facility for kids who were exposed to TB but not sick. If one of your parents got sick you would be sent to the Preventorium. Supposedly it is still part of the Howell municipal complex.

San Jose, California has a "Woz Way".

PBXo0NxgelU384XPuIenTTrRwDKpK54ZNoBWDhkFnWdbySQttO5RjaVdWNNjojSHIg8gZvbkRcEM0xoJeMqauRJthaNKs5PAEMjwI-ZvooWis46KxsDtIrOrilMA

Back