Has Google maps ever steered you in the wrong direction?

Well today it did for me. I had a 6 1/2 hour motorcycle ride home today. I didn’t need google maps because it was a straight shot on Interstate 5 from the north of Washington to the south of Washington. Only an idiot (me) would get lost. I was 3 hours into the ride when I hit the dreaded Seattle traffic, stop and go is NOT fun with a motorcycle. After downtown it clears up some and I hop into the car pool lane (motorcycles are OK) in this lane. I come up on Tacoma and all of sudden the car pool lane splits at a Y. I didn’t noticed the sign for I-5 south and took the left one since that’s the direction I was headed, nope, I got onto Hwy 16. I got off at the first exit and stopped at a gas station to fill up. I been traveling for over 3 hours and I was getting tired. I hook up my phone and open google maps and set my home address as the final destination.

Here is where the not so fun starts. It tells me to get back on the same hwy heading back the other way. So I start following the directions which leads me to surface streets in a city I never been to. I’m making lefts and rights and it feels like I’m getting farther away from I-5. I pull over and check to see where I’m at. I want to go east towards I-5 but google maps says heading west will save 13 minutes. Like a dumbass I go west. Next thing I know I‘m riding along the Pugent Sound, I’m like ***. It’s 85 degrees, I’m tired, I’m ******, I just want to get back on I-5. I think it was 45 minutes later I finally got back on I-5. I have always used google maps without a problem. I even used it in Poland where I had to drive 4 hours to a small town and google maps took me there with no problem, small back roads, villages, you name it, but I arrived at my destination.
Between New York City and Newark airport, there is always construction so much so that Google cannot keep up with it

how often does Google maps update their product versus real world construction projects which in some locales never seem to be finished.?
same applies to Garmin etc..

The WORST in Italy was Apple Maps. Google was not much better.

They would both show roads that appear to go through, they never ever were through streets there. Particularly frustrating on foot, but we were good natured about it. There are multiple ways to walk from Sant Agnello to Sorrento but in certain places only one or two ways.

1697494984470.jpg

how often does Google maps update their product versus real world construction projects which in some locales never seem to be finished.?
same applies to Garmin etc..

Google maps won't explicitly tell you there's construction but if it causes a slow down, Google maps will tell you there's a slow down.

ive quit using directions on google maps, i just figure out my route before i leave. google maps likes to mislabel roads around here and sometimes thinks a road that's really there doesn't exist or it sends you on a route down a random wash

I got sent through a cemetery once up in Chicago. And a Menards mall loop out east somewhere.

Google can't seem to figure out where I live, despite the address existing for over 50 years. After numerous attempts to help them, I've given up.

Can't tell you how many times I have punched in an address and had google take me one street or block over and expected me to walk through yards or the woods or what ever to get to the destination address. Then when you realize whats going on and go to drive around the block to get to the actual address it tries to reroute you back to where you were.

Had issues with certain places with Google Maps or Apple Maps. Once I was trying to find a picnic area at a regional park, but there was nothing that would specifically guide me to the area. We ended up about a couple of miles away at a different section.

Once I was looking for a different place. Along with having a hard time triangulating the exact location, one mapping tool took us over poor quality dirt roads.

Back