Sta-bil or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is too stop driving my car as much and stop putting miles on it, etc. Would you recommend using Sta-Bil every fill up if say I plan on filling it up once a month? Or try and use up that gasoline quicker, or not even worry about it until it gets to month and a half? This is a fuel injected Honda in NJ with 10% ethanol at the pumps.

I wouldn't worry about adding Stabil to gasoline that will be used within a month or two. Six months or more of sitting would call for Stabil, IMO.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I wouldn't worry about adding Stabil to gasoline that will be used within a month or two. Six months or more of sitting would call for Stabil, IMO.

x2

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: pbm

x2

x3

I would use StaBil. I've been adding it to every tank in marine outboard engines for more than a decade, and I never have carburetor problems. I use it in my motorcycle gas towards the end of the season and then leave it in there over the winter--no problems. In my experience, today's gas starts to deteriorate pretty badly after a month without treatment. Leave it three months and your engine will be all gummed up. StaBil also has corrosion prevention properties. By the way, if you are leaving a car (or a boat) for a long time it is better to have the tank full to help prevent condensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back