Is marvel mystery oil the best carburetor cleaner?

Or did I just get lucky? My 12 year old push mower would not start for the first time this spring. (Always treated with sta-bil) I was able to start it after hitting the carburetor bowl with back end of screwdriver. I mixed fresh gas with b12 chemtool and ran this mixture over the summer every week doing 'touch ups' in my yard. Almost every week it would not start until I tapped carburetor and if it did start on its own it would run rough and stall a couple times during use. I then mixed a fresh tank of gas and marvel oil that was my late father's and just let it idle an hour then it sat for a couple weeks. Now it starts and runs perfect without having to tap carburetor.

I'm thinking because it's a very thin oil/ cleaner it was able to work its way into the ethonal residue easier or maybe it just lubricated the float hinge. Either way I'm going to keep using it and see if it keeps me from pulling out tools

What's in it? Who knows, it's a mystery.
We know what's in it.

I’ve used it in my OPE for the last several years as a maintenance treatment and have had no issues. Is it worth it 🤷‍♂️.

Just my $0.02

We know what's in it.

I shoulda used the wink emoji.

Back