PEA Concentrations at the Gas Pump

So I had a chance to watch the video from BG.
You dose 2 drops of whatever additive to standard gasoline, then test. Or test straight gasoline.
Its a Nitrogen indicator test, and does not differentiate types of nitrogen. I'm not familiar with this, but will look further into it.
The other products tested in that video weren't expected to have PEA - Power Service and Howes. These are advertised as anti gelling agents primarily.

You're videos are interesting. I'm surprised Chevron Techron (gas additive) tested so well. My understanding in the US that it has been watered down to
Interesting about Shell V-Power in Europe not having any? Could it just be polyisobutane additive?
They refer to it as Nitro+ in US, so maybe its something different here.

So I had a chance to watch the video from BG.
You dose 2 drops of whatever additive to standard gasoline, then test. Or test straight gasoline.
Its a Nitrogen indicator test, and does not differentiate types of nitrogen. I'm not familiar with this, but will look further into it.
The other products tested in that video weren't expected to have PEA - Power Service and Howes. These are advertised as anti gelling agents primarily.

You're videos are interesting. I'm surprised Chevron Techron (gas additive) tested so well. My understanding in the US that it has been watered down to
Interesting about Shell V-Power in Europe not having any? Could it just be polyisobutane additive?
They refer to it as Nitro+ in US, so maybe its something different here.
I’ve tested normal gas, premium gas, normal gas with 2 drops of cleaners (the same concentration as in your typical tank with typical bottle of cleaner.

Regarding Techron, I’ve tested european version from Belgium. According to OLD MSDS European version contains 15-40% PEA, the US 30-60%. I’m able to purchase and test only European version. Anyway, the product in the US shouldn’t be less powerful than European.

V-Power gas also contains amins, normal Shell hasn’t. But Diesel both versions (normal and V-Power) contains amins in equal concentrations.

Didn't realize Red Line was in the ~20-40% range. Figured it was less like the others which is why I thought the 50% of blue restore might be harsh.

View attachment 173519

There's also this to consider:

View attachment 173520

My mechanic used to buy 300v religiously as he thought it was 100% ester and would be perfect for cleaning/protection.

View attachment 173521

Unless you're already knowledgable about the types of esters and their amounts in each formula, I think it's easy to get caught up in the marketing.

We're often seeing reformulations so it's also tough to rely on old testimonials. Are these reformulations for the better?

View attachment 173523

Because of all this, I'm happy we have access to HPL and I'm glad to support them.

They're here answering our questions and their products are as advertised.
I agree with the first post you quoted, no problems there. The second post you quoted, however, i disagree with.

You can maybe, just maybe, make the argument that, given the performance qualities of Redline HP oils, including film strength, that the POE they are using is of a high molecular weight and that POE of a lower molecular weight would have slightly better solvency. However, they are still both POE and both have solvency as one of their qualities, so they will both clean. In fact, it couldn't be any other way as Redline HP oil uses lots of PAO.

I would have loved to hear that conversation and how questions, or series of questions were asked. I wonder what HPL would say if someone asked them "since you use esters, does your oil disrupt deposits that can come loose and cause problems"?

BITOG has already established many things long ago, including certain qualities of different base oils, it's not wise to say this oil bottle over here, of this brand, suddenly does "this".

As to the third post you quoted, it's your mechanic who has mislead himself. Neither Motul(300V) nor Redline(HP), have ever said their oils are 100% esters. In fact, it wouldn't work that well if it were. Redline actually tells you what their base oils are if you are willing to read and comprehend, they are very open about it. Their HP line are indeed, legally (and morally as well) "ester based". It's not their fault too many people out there don't understand English.

On the 4th post you quoted, only the last sentence has significance, the rest is just opinion or is meaningless.

I urge BITOG to remain faithful to the science that BITOG has already established. Don't be like the US government tripping all over itself.

I agree with the first post you quoted, no problems there. The second post you quoted, however, i disagree with.

You can maybe, just maybe, make the argument that, given the performance qualities of Redline HP oils, including film strength, that the POE they are using is of a high molecular weight and that POE of a lower molecular weight would have slightly better solvency. However, they are still both POE and both have solvency as one of their qualities, so they will both clean. In fact, it couldn't be any other way as Redline HP oil uses lots of PAO.

I would have loved to hear that conversation and how questions, or series of questions were asked. I wonder what HPL would say if someone asked them "since you use esters, does your oil disrupt deposits that can come loose and cause problems"?

BITOG has already established many things long ago, including certain qualities of different base oils, it's not wise to say this oil bottle over here, of this brand, suddenly does "this".

As to the third post you quoted, it's your mechanic who has mislead himself. Neither Motul(300V) nor Redline(HP), have ever said their oils are 100% esters. In fact, it wouldn't work that well if it were. Redline actually tells you what their base oils are if you are willing to read and comprehend, they are very open about it. Their HP line are indeed, legally (and morally as well) "ester based". It's not their fault too many people out there don't understand English.

On the 4th post you quoted, only the last sentence has significance, the rest is just opinion or is meaningless.

I urge BITOG to remain faithful to the science that BITOG has already established. Don't be like the US government tripping all over itself.

Second post: When I think of an ester that can clean, I’m hoping it’ll behave similarly to Valvoline‘s blue restore or HPL (unless I’m misquoting, someone here wrote it should clean rings within a year). My car used to have bad oil consumption. At its worst, it was 2 quarts every 3000 miles. By the 3rd run of blue restore, I was only using a quart. Now I seemed to have gotten rid of the consumption completely after using a different kind of cleaner.

If red line behaves in a similar manner, like many here - I’m open to learn but I’ve never read of anyone showing off the cleaning capabilities like we do with HPL

3rd post was to show what a layman outside of BITOG thinks. It’s easy to be mislead thinking it’s 100% ester base oils when none of the other brands put the word ‘ester’ on the front label and 300v is priced at a premium.
1702244445467.jpeg

Yes, you’re right red line mentions it but they’re more honest it’s a blend and I don’t think it’s on the front label so unless you’re an enthusiast, you’re missing out on the info.

IMG_1898.jpeg

BITOG is a forum.. not a government nor anyone’s career. it’s not comparable and like some of the other stuff you wrote, it comes off as an attempt to derail. Ironic.

Back