After years of treating gas the same way two of my small engines refuses to start.

That’s what I’m saying it could be 10,11,12,13 percent ethanol just can’t be less than 10 or equal to E-15.
That’s why I run ethanol free in my car and truck along with any of my small engine equipment.

After much Googling I found that Nevada has a rule that any gasoline that contains more than 10 percent ethanol but not more than 15 percent ethanol must be labeled on the pump as E15.

Other states may have similar provisions. Federal law may have similar provisions as well.

EDIT: Found it. Here is the Federal law that requires any gasoline with more than 10% ethanol but not more than 15% ethanol to be labeled on the pump as E15:

40 CFR § 80.1501 (a) Any retailer or wholesale purchaser-consumer who sells, dispenses, or offers for sale or dispensing, gasoline-ethanol blends that contain greater than 10.0 volume percent ethanol and not more than 15.0 volume percent ethanol shall affix the following conspicuous and legible label to the fuel dispenser: Attention E15 Up to 15% ethanol Use only in • 2001 and newer passenger vehicles • Flex-fuel vehicles Don’t use in other vehicles, boats, or gasoline-powered equipment. It may cause damage and is prohibited by Federal law.

Last edited:
After much Googling I found that Nevada has a rule that any gasoline that contains more than 10 percent ethanol but not more than 15 percent ethanol must be labeled on the pump as E15.

Other states may have similar provisions. Federal law may have similar provisions as well.

EDIT: Found it. Here is the Federal law that requires any gasoline with more than 10% ethanol but not more than 15% ethanol to be labeled on the pump as E15:

40 CFR § 80.1501 (a) Any retailer or wholesale purchaser-consumer who sells, dispenses, or offers for sale or dispensing, gasoline-ethanol blends that contain greater than 10.0 volume percent ethanol and not more than 15.0 volume percent ethanol shall affix the following conspicuous and legible label to the fuel dispenser: Attention E15 Up to 15% ethanol Use only in • 2001 and newer passenger vehicles • Flex-fuel vehicles Don’t use in other vehicles, boats, or gasoline-powered equipment. It may cause damage and is prohibited by Federal law.
Thanks for the clarification

Back