Sprint LG Fusic and Samsung Blade A900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with these phones?

I am getting a new sprint plan and getting a free 2nd line to supplement my Treo700p.

These are the two phones I can get a good deal on that fit my needs for a 2nd phone.

Your thoughts?

I have had the Blade for a week. The phone itself has been great, but if long standby/talk time is important to you, I'd opt for another phone - the standard battery life barely makes it through an entire day with light usage for me. If you haven't already, visit a Sprint user site that has user reviews for both phones here to get some other input. Good luck!

BTW, how has the the Treo 700p been for you? I avoided the previous version to wait for the Palm OS.

I have not ordered the plan or the phones yet.

I want the 700 over the 650 b/c of its broadband like data downloads.

The only problem is one of the main features I will be using is the Infrared Port to manipulate GE SurpaKey Boxes. GE Industrial is still "field testing" the 700 and their systems do not work on it yet. Supposedly the 650 will be discountinued soon and Sprint/Verizon will be selling off quick leftovers through nice promos.

I will be getting a 2nd line free and want a smaller 2nd phone so I dont have to carry the treo around all the time. I also will be getting free unlimited data for two years, another reason why I want the 2nd phone to have Sprint's new hi-speed internet system.

Both - the phone browser is quick and the laptop connection to the web via EVDO felt nearly as fast as my regular cable modem connection. I haven't tested on a site like www.dslreports.com yet. Power Vision is smooth and video is surprisingly watchable on the small screen. If I had an option for free unlimited data, I could easily see myself using my connection through the phone for internet access in lieu of less secure Internet cafe Wi-Fi access.

The Blade is really thin and light, but feels very solid and isn't too small to use and view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back