Switched from T-Mobile to US Mobile

Keep us informed of your experience with US Mobile's service and coverage. I am on a Mint Mobile (T-Mobile network) prepaid plan through November, but will likely switch over to USM Warp 5G at the end of the year, since Verizon coverage is better in the footprint that I travel.

ONE MORE QUESTION. I always had regular SIMS, is there any disadvantage if I select e-sim?
I will be overseas end of this year... will that have any affect if I want an esim over there. Meaning can I have two or do I have to get a physical sim over there. (Philippines)
Iphone 13

@Nukeman7 I almost had my mind made up to go with "warp" and then I watched their video... on how the GSM is more accessible if traveling overseas. Ironically I will be over there for a few weeks... maybe Ill go GSM and can switch later.. *LOL* I have no idea...come to think of it a business person over there has Verizon and he uses a local SIM over there...

Last edited:
I have never used an eSIM because I prefer the physical SIM card. To me, it gives you more flexibility to swap between different unlocked handsets without the need to go online or contact customer service. I think some handsets allow you to use both simultaneously to switch between different carriers if each line has a unique number.

ONE MORE QUESTION. I always had regular SIMS, is there any disadvantage if I select e-sim?
I will be overseas end of this year... will that have any affect if I want an esim over there. Meaning can I have two or do I have to get a physical sim over there. (Philippines)
Iphone 13

@Nukeman7 I almost had my mind made up to go with "warp" and then I watched their video... on how the GSM is more accessible if traveling overseas. Ironically I will be over there for a few weeks... maybe Ill go GSM and can switch later.. *LOL* I have no idea...come to think of it a business person over there has Verizon and he uses a local SIM over there...
Much like you, I have always used a physical sim. I went with esim with USM, and the process went flawlessly. If you travel international, just pop in a local physical sim.

FYI: the AT&T network should be added by the end of June and will also be hot-swappable like the other networks

I have never used an eSIM because I prefer the physical SIM card. To me, it gives you more flexibility to swap between different unlocked handsets without the need to go online or contact customer service. I think some handsets allow you to use both simultaneously to switch between different carriers if each line has a unique number.
Ok, not sure but iPhones support multiple sims and US Mobile actually has an sim for countries overseas that you can use for data.
However according to Apple if you have a CDMA sim it will not support a second CDMA, not sure if that matters but think for now I might go with the GSM (or not) Im dying to try it ... but might wait a week

I wish I knew more about Apple infrastructure, but I'm an Android lifer. Reach out to USM's support, they're really great at answering questions

I'm pretty sure that US Mobile only offers two networks to choose from if you sign up. The "Warp 5G" network is Verizon and the "GSM" network is T-Mobile. Unless I am mistaken (which could be the case), they don't use the AT&T network.
ATT is coming soon. They’ve said July 1st as it got pushed back.

**** DONE ****
I dumped T-Mobile thanks to @14Accent Before T Mobile I have used MVNOs for well over a decade. Mostly Straight Talk and then onto RedPocket and only reason at the time 2 years ago to TMobile was a specail
You would have to read my previous posts in this thread and many other threads regarding Cell Service.

First I did my line, then my wife's line. Since the TMobile account was in my name I should have done her line first as when I went back to sign in, it no longer recognized my phone number as it was transferred to Verizon (US MOBILE)

Anyway, long story short, I did my line first and was pretty simple once you understood the system. Never needed to talk to anyone, signed up with US Mobile and got Transfer Pin from my T Mobile online account. I am now on Verizons network because I wanted to try Verizon, never in my life of cell phones did I ever use Verizon and that goes back to around 2001/2002
With that said, I still one day might go back to GSM. Im not really noticing any benefit in our sort of rural coastal area with Verizon but haven't left the house today *LOL*

Then I did my wife's line but since I lost access to my online TMobile account (sort of, it still worked but was having issues) we had to call TMobile for a Transfer Pin. No big deal, Amazing how the process has improved.

Bottom line is I used US Mobile E-sim and everything was done in a short time, once that is done you go into apple cell settings, make the US Mobile (labeled as Verizon) your primary and delete your Tmobile E-sim. I would be very careful if using e-sims that you confirm your phone is working with the new service before deleting the old one. Meaning make sure your number was ported in case you messed up you dont want to lose your existing number.

The process was pretty straight forward, better then years back as I have for the last over 10 years set up my own phones. Except for 2 years with T Mobile since they sent me the phones. I was impressed that TMobile automatically unlocked my phone when my arrangement was done with them, but even then they gave instructions and simple to do online to check and do it if they didnt.
Also was equally impressed with getting a transfer pin to cancel TMobile and go to US Mobile. Both on line for mine and on the phone for my wife. Just enter the transfer pin on US MOBILE SITE and wait a few minutes.

It feels empowering. TMobile is no longer the "uncarrier" They sent out a rate increase to me yesterday and today I cancelled and saving $47 a month. Sweet deal. Also in the last year they stopped giving a bill credit if you enabled autopay with a credit card. They forced your to change to a debit card. They lost me as a customer forever but doesnt matter to them. The profit increase will be huge. Wish I didnt sell my stock holdings in them *LOL*

Last edited:
Keep us informed of your experience with US Mobile's service and coverage. I am on a Mint Mobile (T-Mobile network) prepaid plan through November, but will likely switch over to USM Warp 5G at the end of the year, since Verizon coverage is better in the footprint that I travel.
Well, 10 days into it, wife and I phones. Using US Mobile "warp" (Verizon service) not one snag. Never a problem in the past 10 days of service. I mean, none. Works as perfect as our T-Mobile company service did. I can't confirm with certainty YET but it seems that maybe the Verizon is giving me a signal, no matter how weak in some rural areas and stores that I might temporarily lose service with T-Mobile, such as inside a store.

I need to confirm over time but all I can say is the US Mobile service is just as good as it was using T-Mobile company service and using US Mobile with Verizon towers MAY have a slight edge as I can't remember any problem trying to call my wife inside a few stores that normally do not have service. I think its to early to make that statement though except 100% true is that I have at the least the same great service I have had with T-Mobile branded service.

Well, 10 days into it, wife and I phones. Using US Mobile "warp" (Verizon service) not one snag. Never a problem in the past 10 days of service. I mean, none. Works as perfect as our T-Mobile company service did. I can't confirm with certainty YET but it seems that maybe the Verizon is giving me a signal, no matter how weak in some rural areas and stores that I might temporarily lose service with T-Mobile, such as inside a store.

I need to confirm over time but all I can say is the US Mobile service is just as good as it was using T-Mobile company service and using US Mobile with Verizon towers MAY have a slight edge as I can't remember any problem trying to call my wife inside a few stores that normally do not have service. I think its to early to make that statement though except 100% true is that I have at the least the same great service I have had with T-Mobile branded service.

Your brief history echoes my exact same experience. I had a Verizon cell phone for 25 years and could get a call or text through nearly everywhere even when only 1 bar was showing on the signal strength meter. With Mint Mobile service (on the T-Mobile network), I might have 4-5 bars of 5G service in the parking lot, but have zero data connectivity inside a Home Depot or Lowes. Really frustrating when trying to use the HD/Lowes website to find the aisle an item is located while inside the store. Probably has something to do with 4G LTE vs. 5G bandwidth penetrability. T-Mobile's data connectivity seems to be superior to Verizon when I attend crowded outdoor sporting events, like football games. This is likely due to the number cell tower receivers and bandwidth capacity installed at the venue(s) for each cell service provider.

Your brief history echoes my exact same experience. I had a Verizon cell phone for 25 years and could get a call or text through nearly everywhere even when only 1 bar was showing on the signal strength meter. With Mint Mobile service (on the T-Mobile network), I might have 4-5 bars of 5G service in the parking lot, but have zero data connectivity inside a Home Depot or Lowes. Really frustrating when trying to use the HD/Lowes website to find the aisle an item is located while inside the store. Probably has something to do with 4G LTE vs. 5G bandwidth penetrability. T-Mobile's data connectivity seems to be superior to Verizon when I attend crowded outdoor sporting events, like football games. This is likely due to the number cell tower receivers and bandwidth capacity installed at the venue(s) for each cell service provider.
That's funny. I have had issues with T-Mobile when it shows 5g service. To the point as an experiment I switched off 5g and checked LTE only in my iPhone cell settings.
I posted someplace previously that I felt T-Mobile was trying to provide 5g service but connectivity just wasn't there. So as an experiment I forced my phone into LTE only and left the standard all around setting in my wife's phone. Also to be clear signal dropped almost dead in some of the stores, sometimes though when showing even 2 bars of 5g I couldn't like you, be inside of HD or Lowes and look up an item, which I do OFTEN

I really don't know if it helped but I certainly had no hit in performance turning off 5g on. my phone when I had T-Mobile . The reason I can't confirm if it helped is shortly after T-Mobile raised my rate the very next day or maybe on the 2nd day I cancelled them and went to US Mobile and selected Verizon towers to see if it is better. I THINK it is, too soon to confirm.

Everything has been working fine with Visible.

I paid virtually nothing with Comcast for nearly two years but only used 1GB of data.. Then they started to play games with the monthly amount and I just got tired of wasting time on the phone with them and dealing with it.

Now it's $25 a month unlimited. I don't get hassled or hustled. If it creeps up I'm moving on but for unlimited this is a good price to be at.

Dont complain about high phone bills if >>>>>>

1) You arent willing to change phone service
2 You arent willing to go with less than Unlimited
3) You arent willing to prepay for a month or year in advance

Thanks to all, good stuff. Thanks @alarmguy

I'm sticking with T-Mobile for now, but any level of jackassery, I will be shopping.

Not that it's worth much but the Canada switchover is so automatic, as this is critical because we are just a short mile from the border and we bounce Canada-USA towers driving (our house is blocked from the noise, thank goodness). And when I called T-MOB to set us up in Italy it was 100% seamless with excellent honest support. Again worth the few extra $.

Short update, for those who remain curious: I've been on the "Warp" network (Verizon) for a couple weeks now. Truthfully, I'm in a tough spot now. T-mobile's network here in central WI has a lot of holes in-between towns, but almost everywhere it DOES have signal is true 5G stand alone which provides download speeds in the 3-400 meg range.

That being said, Verizon's 5G here isn't even worth discussing. For all intents and purposes, it's regular ol' LTE during my normal day-to-day use. Download speeds reflect that fact, although most of my time spent on the cellular network is while driving, so the only thing actually utilizing the network is my streaming music app. More important than speed, however, is connection stability which is an area Verizon shines. Complete guess-timate, but I'd say I have roughly 50% BETTER coverage over the course of my 23 mile commute.

For now, I'm going to stick with Warp.

It really is based on location. I get much better connection with TMO than Verizon on my USM. I can even get a signal in our maintenance dept, which is in the middle of the brick building, with brick around the department also. Everyone else uses ATT there (which is supposed to be the best coverage in the area) and gets no signal in there. I've been frustrated to some degree with all 3 over the years but none more than Verizon and ATT. I had good service and no issues with TMO, but they're just too expensive. I switched about 7 months ago and my bill dropped from 167 to 41 for 3 lines. Absolutely no issues w/USM. I've not needed to contact them for any reason after signing up and making the switch.

Back