Special kind of jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a felony hit and run. Could be prosecuted as an attempted homicide.

If someone did that to me they'd be making a mistake by leaving me alive.

A lawyer will have a hayday with this. I'd investigate any previous "accidents". I'd hand this video over to every insurance company in town.

Last edited:
He sounds drunk. Speaking very slowly, can't seem to properly respond to what's being said to him, keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
That's a felony hit and run. Could be prosecuted as an attempted homicide.

If someone did that to me they'd be making a mistake by leaving me alive.

I have had it happen.....not fun. The guy got away...had a few broken windows but did get away.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
A lawyer will have a hayday with this. I'd investigate any previous "accidents". I'd hand this video over to every insurance company in town.

You can't get something out of nothing. They'll get his insurance limits, nothing more. Exactly what would giving the vid to every ins. co. accomplish?? If the dope has minimal coverage, say $15K/30K the most the 2 riders will get is $30K total.

That idiot makes me want to shout profanity. I witnessed a really bad situation yesterday that could have resulted in a high speed head on.

I think I am going to buy a dash cam.

Not sticking up for the idiot driving the car but the guy on the motorcycle wasn't in a passing zone. Plus he had limited visibility ahead as it appears he's going uphill.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

You can't get something out of nothing. They'll get his insurance limits, nothing more. Exactly what would giving the vid to every ins. co. accomplish?? If the dope has minimal coverage, say $15K/30K the most the 2 riders will get is $30K total.

Depends...if he owns a home they could get that as well. But no lawyer would let it go to trial since the guy is passing on a double yellow. Some jurors might give them nothing because of that

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Not sticking up for the idiot driving the car but the guy on the motorcycle wasn't in a passing zone. Plus he had limited visibility ahead as it appears he's going uphill.

I agree, the cyclist was not making a smart or legal move. But the driver is guilty of deliberately contributing to the accident and possibly bodily injury. He used his car to assault and possibly kill them.

Last edited:
The motorcyclist may have been doing an illegal pass but they pose no clear or present danger to the old man. If it were me I'd push for attempted manslaughter Or at least Reckless endangerment. I wouldn't stop until he lost his car, his license, and if he had a house I would push for that.

I know there's nothing good to come from escalating the situation but I'll say the other motorcyclist did a better job at keeping cool than I would've.

Hope everyone heals up ok.

Car driver is definitely an idiot and hit him on purpose.

That being said bike drivers across the country pull this garbage all the time. Breaking traffic laws non stop, it is frustrating that they believe they are above the law. At some point you are going to get burned.

What if the car was making a left hand turn into his driveway with his blinker as the biker flies by him going 100mph crossing the double yellow. As the biker hits the left door of the causing the same injuries. This accident wouldn't be on a single news station.

I would never intentionally hit a bicycle or motorcycle but the guys drive like they own the street and don't follow a single law.

Then when someone wrongs them they complain? Go figure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Depends...if he owns a home they could get that as well. But no lawyer would let it go to trial since the guy is passing on a double yellow. Some jurors might give them nothing because of that

Sorry but no. I'm on the survivor side of a wrongful death mess. There's no such thing as leaving the perp homeless and penniless. Only on TV.

Car driver should go to jail for manslaughter.

All 3 motorcyclists should have their licenses suspended for 3 years.
Maybe they won't pull the double line 100mph pass again.

They say you should learn from your mistakes....

The guy wearing the helmet cam was passing phone poles about one every 1.5 seconds when on his own, about one every 3 seconds once slowed by auto traffic. To give a perspective of difference of speed.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Car driver is definitely an idiot and hit him on purpose.

That being said bike drivers across the country pull this garbage all the time. Breaking traffic laws non stop, it is frustrating that they believe they are above the law. At some point you are going to get burned.

What if the car was making a left hand turn into his driveway with his blinker as the biker flies by him going 100mph crossing the double yellow. As the biker hits the left door of the causing the same injuries. This accident wouldn't be on a single news station.

I would never intentionally hit a bicycle or motorcycle but the guys drive like they own the street and don't follow a single law.

Then when someone wrongs them they complain? Go figure.

I drive more than 40k miles per year. I've seen a few motorcyclists act like idiots, but my life has been endangered far more by the idiots driving with four wheels, not two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back