Facebook Marketplace is just as flaky as Craigslist used to be.

I use FB Marketplace occasionally but only for small items . Never more than a couple of hundred dollars . No way would I try to sell a vehicle there . Not worth the hassle of dealing with the idiots and scammers . I belong to a local gun forum that has a section for miscellaneous items for sale . I've moved more things that way and the buyers have already been vetted through a feedback process that's in place . Never dealt with Craigslist . Too much bad juju associated with it .

An exchange I had today:

D0939052-CE41-4BB1-9415-68A561D9F471.jpeg

If your at least getting calls from marketplace, your doing better than me with Craigslist. I had a motorcycle for sale there, and didn't even get a BS call about it. Being it cost $5, I know one place I won't use anymore.,,
I have a used clothes dryer on market place. Nothing wrong with it. We just upgraded to a stacked set. I can't give it away.

Sold my high mileage Corolla last week after just a few days on Craigslist for the $9k listing price. 2 weeks on FBMP got nothing but lowballers offering half the price and people asking if it's still available and never replying when I said yes. You get what you pay for.

I think it truly depends on where you live...I'm in a town of under 70K people and the greater area using FB marketplace here is likely just a hair over 100K in population. We've had nothing but positive experiences selling and buying, and usually my wife has a FB friend or two in common with the person we're interacting with.

Back