Replacement Windows - Anderson 100 vs. Simonton DayLightMax

I am working with a contractor on a wood siding and window replacement project. I am given the choice between Simonton DayLightMax or Anderson 100 series windows. For the 3 windows being replaced, the Anderson's will run about $500 more (total).

I understand Anderson 100's are an entry-level window, but the DayLightMax is a mid-grade option from Simonton. I am not too familiar with the Simonton line. Is the Anderson product worth the extra cost? This particular side of the house (west) gets fairly heavy sun exposure.

An entry level window ? Then what is a mid-grade window ?. My friends son worked , or should I say "tried" to work for Anderson. When he went out and gave estimates, he was laughed out of people's homes. They told him they could get a better deal from the people at home depot. They are so high priced, they won't even give you a hint what the windows will cost . Lot's of , if you buy 5 or buy before the end of the month you'll save hundreds crap. They may be good window's, but no one wants to pay for them until the grand kid's retire.,,,

I am working with a contractor on a wood siding and window replacement project. I am given the choice between Simonton DayLightMax or Anderson 100 series windows. For the 3 windows being replaced, the Anderson's will run about $500 more (total).

I understand Anderson 100's are an entry-level window, but the DayLightMax is a mid-grade option from Simonton. I am not too familiar with the Simonton line. Is the Anderson product worth the extra cost? This particular side of the house (west) gets fairly heavy sun exposure.

From what I've been told by people in the industry it's the quality of the installer and warranty which are more important than the window choice.

Glazing (ex, solar rejection) should be customizable regardless of who you choose.

My house was built in 1970 with Andersen double pane wooden casement windows. The only one that has been replaced was one over the kitchen sink from a bird strike that broke the outer glass pane, and the sliding screen on the patio door. They are pricey, but the odds are that they will last the life time of the owners….and then some.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1233.jpeg
    IMG_1233.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
If you're going to live there for any amount of time, I wouldn't go entry-level anything. I honestly can't believe Andersen has stooped that that level.

IMO, Andersen is the king for good reason - they are that good. They are expensive for a reason - they are just better than the rest.

If you're going to sell in 5-7 years, go with the best deal for the lower quality.

An entry level window ? Then what is a mid-grade window ?. My friends son worked , or should I say "tried" to work for Anderson. When he went out and gave estimates, he was laughed out of people's homes. They told him they could get a better deal from the people at home depot. They are so high priced, they won't even give you a hint what the windows will cost . Lot's of , if you buy 5 or buy before the end of the month you'll save hundreds crap. They may be good window's, but no one wants to pay for them until the grand kid's retire.,,,

The 100 Series is Andersen's entry level lineup. No more, no less.

And yes, they are that expensive, but the folks who have put them in swear by them generally. Kind of a buy once, cry once deal...

If it were me, in this case, my answer depends on whether I see myself staying or selling in 5 years...

The 100 Series is Andersen's entry level lineup. No more, no less.

And yes, they are that expensive, but the folks who have put them in swear by them generally. Kind of a buy once, cry once deal...

If it were me, in this case, my answer depends on whether I see myself staying or selling in 5 years...
I would like to sell in the next 5 years, but life can happen .

Is Anderson's entry-level product really better than the mid-grade products from other companies?

My info might help someone if not the thread starter.

Anderson offers different glass options on most lines of their windows. LowE, Sun Glass.. I don't know about the other brand.

I had a new home built last year and have Marvin fiberglass windows. My previous home has impact resistant windows.

I had Champion replacement vinyl windows installed in my first house. JUNK.

Youtube news clip of impact resistant windows.

My info might help someone if not the thread starter.

Anderson offers different glass options on most lines of their windows. LowE, Sun Glass.. I don't know about the other brand.

I had a new home built last year and have Marvin fiberglass windows. My previous home has impact resistant windows.

I had Champion replacement vinyl windows installed in my first house. JUNK.

Youtube news clip of impact resistant windows.

In Florida it is a wise choice..
Awesome performance..

Back