Something bit me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another "rock" thread in the making.

1. I'm not complaing about the bites, I just want to know what bit me, so that I may take precautions next time. Nobody wants to get bitten unless Christina Ricchi is doing the biting.
2. The bites don't itch, are not infected
3. The bites are healing fine
4. They do look like spider bites sans signs of poisoning and maceration

Here is one bite from my leg. There are 14 more puncture pairs like that. The ruler shows 0.5 mm, 1 mm, 5 mm and 10 mm ticks (of all things). Click the thumbnail for a larger version.

Last edited:
Holy cow - she must be good. You got 14 sets and didn't feel a thing?????
assimilation.gif

I only noticed when I took a shower that evening. Whatever bit me must have also injected an anesthetic. Creepy, huh?

Seriously - I have a green tea mud pack I've developed. Well it does work great on most itchy type bites. (fleas, mosquitoes, small asian vampire girls...) But I don’t know about snake or bat bites.

How many times do I have to say it's not itching at all? By now only one remedy will help: Old Grand Dad -- applied internally.

I didn't say your "bites" are itchy. I only said what my mud pack works on. Want some?

Survey at work says: "flea bites". They didn't listen when I said that the individuals within each set of two are precisely equidistant.

Wow those bites look evil. When I was a volunteer for a search party for a missing person I trudged through chest high grass in Iowa - I was able to feel the ticks crawling up my leg/arm before they got anywhere fast. I was the only one the next morning without ticks.
smile.gif

Now that thing looks like it must have been pretty big... lol

Yeah, thanks, it must have been big. Great observation, Hacker. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy (and scared of leaving the house).

Quote:

those are classic bite marks of the mexican staring frog of southern sri lanka

What was that possibly illegal alien frog doing at Point Reyes, California?

I'm now resorting to amputation to make this thread stop.

Googled insect bites.

Most pics show raised areas upon the skin, a bodily reaction to the invasive process of mandibles, probocis, fangs, etc.

But, the end results of certain types of bites, sticks, plunges, and sundry entry methods are akin in appearance to your craters. Appears some sort of necrosis is occuring. Keep a close eye upon those craters. If they expand hie off to the local medico and take the precautionary medical procedures to ensure those mini-maulings do not continue to enlarge.

Oh, sure.... the ENTRY points are filling in as cells replicate, filling those craters.

But, deep inside, unseen, the complex molecular structures introduced into your body circulate, stopping here and there to sniff out the neighborhood. Who knows what devilish deeds await.

What if suddenly, abruptly, with no warning a new crater appears on the tip of your nose. Expanding, all-devouring until, PLOP!!! Your nose falls off.

That would be enuff to mar an otherwise pleasant afternoon.

Who knows if other appendages could be at risk.

Gotta' watch those marauding molecules is all I'm saying.

So I went over the pictures me and Ms mori took the day I got violated. I came across something a little unsettling. There's this picture of me right under a cliff. I spent a couple minutes on the sand there. I never noticed then what I just saw in the picture. But it couldn't possibly have been those critters, right? I mean, surely I'd have felt a one and half inch long, furry, multilegged AHHHHHHHHHH! Please tell me it isn't so! PLEASE!

Click the thumbnail for larger picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back