So how beneficial is milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you are past adolescence, you don't "need" milk.
That being said, I love whole milk and still drink it pretty often. If I get a chance I'll get some more of the non-homogenized, "old style" milk through some folks we know.
Good stuff!

Skim milk and 1% milk have a good ratio of carbs/protein, especially for people who do resistance-training (which I do). And the carbs (lactose) digests slowly, which is a good thing. But don't drink lactose-free milk -- the lactose is already broken down to glucose, which digests very quickly. If you're lactose intolerant, just drink regular milk with a tablet of lactase enzyme or eat some yogurt beforehand.

As for the organic debate, organic milk doesn't contain human-injected hormones but it is NOT hormone-free. Lactating mammals will always produce certain hormones naturally and a small amount will end up in the milk.

Drinking milk past infancy will make a majority of humans violently ill, both intestinally and various other ailments (milk causes HUGE mucous problems and stopping it clears many people right up).

No other mammal on the planet drinks milk past weaning or drinks the milk of a different species. My daugter has never had a cup of cow milk in her life and won't if I have anything to say about it.

Quote:
(milk causes HUGE mucous problems and stopping it clears many people right up).

Yeah, some people never make the connection on why their post nasal drip is like motor honey. It doesn't bother everyone and it didn't bother me until the last couple of years.

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
Drinking milk past infancy will make a majority of humans violently ill, both intestinally and various other ailments (milk causes HUGE mucous problems and stopping it clears many people right up).

No other mammal on the planet drinks milk past weaning or drinks the milk of a different species. My daugter has never had a cup of cow milk in her life and won't if I have anything to say about it.

With all the millions of people drinking milk just here in No. America, I find that statement pretty hard to believe. But then mayhaps thats why people are dying like flies all over.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:

Yeah, some people never make the connection on why their post nasal drip is like motor honey. It doesn't bother everyone and it didn't bother me until the last couple of years.

right. In infants, ear infections are commonly cured by laying of the cow milk.
For adults, milk often increases mucous.

Milk making the majority of people violently ill is an extremely false statement. Pretty dumb thing to say. especially considering all the people that drink it. Milk has many health benefits.

I drink milk daily. When I go kith out it, I feel it.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:

right. In infants, ear infections are commonly cured by laying of the cow milk.
For adults, milk often increases mucous.

This is true about increasing mucous in adults, but only after the person had something causing the mucous, ie; bad cold, allergy, pneumonia.

Poor girl, no ice-cream, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, pizza, Cheetos, cheesecake, pudding, where do you stop???

Violently ill, right.....

Last edited:
As many as 50 million Americans are lactose intolerant, meaning milk will give them horrible intestinal pain and bloating.

Ohio State U. medical study on lactose intolerance in U.S. ethnic groups.

Also, I seem to recall reading that there are places in the world called Ay-zhuh and AF-rick-uh. About 85% of Africans and virtually 100% of Asians are lactose intolerant. News flash- the world doesn't end at the oceans, and the MAJORITY of humans live somewhere other than North America and northern Europe.

Last edited:
Quote:
Poor girl, no ice-cream, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, pizza, Cheetos, cheesecake, pudding, where do you stop???

Violently ill, right.....

Cheese, yogurt and sour cream are all fermented dairy products, meaning the lactose is in a much less toxic form and far less likely to cause adverse health effects.

I also never said no dairy products, I said never a glass of milk. Do you give your children foods that make them sick?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JackFish
I can't drink it. No cheese, no ice cream, no lactose - period.
Makes me very sick.
I can't stand soy milk either, so I use rice milk.

Try almond milk. Much better tasting than soy or rice milk, in my experience.

As many as 50 million Americans are lactose intolerant, meaning milk will give them horrible intestinal pain and bloating.

Also, I seem to recall reading that there are places in the world called Ay-zhuh and AF-rick-uh. About 85% of Africans and virtually 100% of Asians are lactose intolerant. News flash- the world doesn't end at the oceans, and the MAJORITY of humans live somewhere other than North America and northern Europe.

50 million, Thats less then 3 tenths of the total population of the U.S.A, let alone our neighbor to the North.

Furthermore I don't live in Ay-zhuh or AF-rick-uh. Wherever they are.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit
50 million, Thats less then 3 tenths of the total population of the U.S.A, let alone our neighbor to the North.

True, and while you may not consider those that do live there humans, they are. And they make up a MAJORITY of the human race. My contention that the MAJORITY of humans will be made sick by drinking milk is correct. That said, it's a free country, drink what you want. I prefer beer, but that's me.

Last edited:

Or about 30%

Being lactose intolerant is one thing. I wouldn't say it makes most of them violently ill though. Many people can't eat certain things. Don't blame it on the milk. Most people can drink it and for them, it has many nutritional benefits.

No offense, but you seem to have some sort of hatred of milk. Seems ridiculous.

True, and while you may not consider those that do live there humans, they are. And they make up a MAJORITY of the human race. My contention that the MAJORITY of humans will be made sick by drinking milk is correct. That said, it's a free country, drink what you want. I prefer beer, but that's me.

The majority of the human race will not be made sick from milk.

Quote:
No offense, but you seem to have some sort of hatred of milk.

Oh ..don't begrudge anyone their crusade.

..but the west in general does have it's fair share of unintended side effects due to a diet that's more influenced by special interest than it is by the AMA (or whomever the selective dietary sanctioning body is).

I mean, the west has had the finest of medical care and the mojo to fund greatest advancements, but are plagued with stuff like infertility and other complex conditions that have proven difficult to manage ..at least cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back