Sleep schedule differences between you and significant other.

Now I am retired I am up till about 1am if Late night tv is any good. Wife was early to bed and rise and still is though now retired. She refused the Daylight savings time change, so she is off to bed at 8pm and up around 3:30am. I am up at 7:30am.
Separate bedrooms for well over a decade.
I thought 4:30 was bad....geez

the woman wants to be in bed at 2000 and gets up at 0530

i’m a night owl and function on little sleep. i like to be in bed around midnight and up by 5:30 but she insiststs i go to bed with her. it’s been an adjustment over the last two years for sure.

We're usually in bed around the same time for obvious reasons. She goes to bed, but I usually read and end up asleep about an hour later, and wake an hour or more later. My sleep efficiency isn’t good I think.

I go to bed around 2-3pm and up at 9:30pm.
She goes to bed around 11pm, watches TV until 12, gets up around 7am or when dog needs to go out.

Weekends are all over the place.

I've been on overnights for the past 18 years.

My wife is in bed before me around 8:30ish and sleeps later than me until 6am. I'm in bed anywhere from 9-11PM and usually up during the week at 4:15 or 4:30am and on weekends 5 or 5:30am. The past 10 years I have no problems falling asleep but maintaining sleep after 4am is the issue.

My wife is in bed an hour and a half before me and sleeps for 9.5 hours. We get up at the same time. My main motivation for going to bed later is I refuse on principle to spend more than 1/3rd of my life in bed.

Initiated a "sleep" divorce from my wife about 10 years ago and it's the best! Due to differing sleep and wake schedules and a rumor that I snore, it works for both of us.
Before we retired our schedules were so different that it was ridiculous . Every fifth week I was Duty Foreman and my phone rang at all hours and I would have to get up and deal with call outs , etc. Separate beds made life easier for both of us .

My girlfriend likes to go to bed around midnight on weekends and sleep in until 8 or 9 while I'm falling asleep by 11 and I'm wide awake between 5 or 6am. We don't live together, but I stay at her place 3 nights a week. During Formula 1 season I will usually watch the entire race on Sunday morning on my phone before she even wakes up :ROFLMAO:

My cat goes to sleep when I do. He knows it’s bed time when I turn off the nightstand light.

We fluctuate so much. We have 2 kids in baseball/t ball, and one in dance. Last night was a double header. We finally got in bed around 11pm after getting home getting the kids through baths, and packing/getting ready for the following day. Normally we like to go to bed around 10p. Weekdays we’re up around 6:30am, and weekends it just depends.

Back