Singing to the choir...but this GC stuff is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been skeptical about comments such as "my car likes Brand X oil" or my car runs better on "Brand Y oil" but I have to admit to a noticeable difference now that I've switched to GC. I started running it in my BMW 740 and through the coldest days this winter (I'm in Canada) I noticed easier starts compared to the 5W-30 I was running previously. My car also hasn't burned a drop of oil and I've gone 9,000 km since my last oil change. Hard to say if the engine is any smoother, because the BMW V8 is pretty smooth to begin with.

I also switched my '99 Ford Explorer from dino 5W-30 to GC and the difference is even more noticeable than in my BMW. My Explorer has always had a pronounced rattle from the overhead cam chains, and the engine is definitely quieter with the GC in it. My Explorer also has high mileage and has been used to tow my boat, and so far with the GC I haven't burned any oil yet.

Fortunately, at least for now, in Canada we don't seem to have the supply issues you have in the US. I can get GC anytime at Wal-Mart, NAPA, Canadian Tire, and Parts Source. All major retailers.
canada.gif

Which one is your GC oil? Green or Gold?
and I wanna know the price a quart in Canada.

In S.Korea, I can get GC 0w30 only in Internet web market, and the price of that is over $13 USD~ (T ω T)/

Quote:

Which one is your GC oil? Green or Gold?
and I wanna know the price a quart in Canada.

In S.Korea, I can get GC 0w30 only in Internet web market, and the price of that is over $13 USD~ (T ω T)/

The GC I use is Gold. It's all been M06 (mfg in 2006). I got a great deal on GC at Partsource the first time I bought it: Canadian $6.29 per litre. A litre is slightly larger than a quart, so if you convert Cdn $ to US $ and litres to quarts, it would work out to about US $5.50 per quart I think.

That sale price seems to have been a one-time deal. The best price I can get now is Canadian $8.69 per litre at Wal-Mart. Other retailers at $8.99 per litre.
canada.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back