Oil Change Interval for 2020 M2C

My car has 44k kms. I'm the second owner. I bought the car a year ago. I have the service history and the oil was changed at 2055 km, 10517 km, 24045 km, 36633 km, 41218 km (oil only, to replace the pan gasket).

I changed the oil and filter at around 43k kms in October when it was called up by the service indicator. I used BMW 5W-30 LL-01 oil and a BMW oil filter. (I'm using BMW products because it was suggested by the BMW dealership because I purchased an extended warranty.)

The service indicator is currently notifying me that the car will need engine oil service in October or 13k km. I work remotely so I don't drive daily. Due to the amount of driving I do, the oil change interval will be based on time. (When I drive the car, I almost always park it only after the oil temperature has come up to 95C or so.)

If I will normally be changing the oil once per year, is there any benefit to changing the oil at a particular time of year, such as in spring after winter or does it matter?

Spring, after winter.
For warranty purposes and later you don't need BMW oil. You need BMW approved oil. So anything approved for BMW LL01 will do (for example Mobil1 0W40 or for you Canadians, Motomaster Euro 5W40, which is repackaged Pennzoil Euro).

Your car is under Warranty.

BMWs also have condition based servicing.

The car will let you know when it requires the maintenance required to meet BMW minimum standards.

If you want to do more maintenance than the minimum then why not.

Even when doing relatively low miles I tend to change the oil and filter every 7/8k miles on every vehicle

On the Smart and Audi Q2 that means an annual oil and filter change.

On the BMW is means an oil and oil filter between 8 weeks and 12 weeks

My car has 44k kms. I'm the second owner. I bought the car a year ago. I have the service history and the oil was changed at 2055 km, 10517 km, 24045 km, 36633 km, 41218 km (oil only, to replace the pan gasket).

I changed the oil and filter at around 43k kms in October when it was called up by the service indicator. I used BMW 5W-30 LL-01 oil and a BMW oil filter. (I'm using BMW products because it was suggested by the BMW dealership because I purchased an extended warranty.)

The service indicator is currently notifying me that the car will need engine oil service in October or 13k km. I work remotely so I don't drive daily. Due to the amount of driving I do, the oil change interval will be based on time. (When I drive the car, I almost always park it only after the oil temperature has come up to 95C or so.)

If I will normally be changing the oil once per year, is there any benefit to changing the oil at a particular time of year, such as in spring after winter or does it matter?
I'm on a 1 yr interval and couldn't care less when the oil is changed on my 4 series because I don't short trip the car. Personally wouldn't worry about it.

Back