Simplicity 42" blades

I have a new-to-me Simplicity Regent 42" tractor (2016 model year, I think) with fabricated deck that I bought in June. It needs new blades before next year, and I want to put them on this fall.

I have no idea what blades to get. Did not find any at Fleet Farm that were a match to fit.. Would prefer not to buy from Amazon.

Pic below. Hole is 3/4" diameter.

Recommendations?

Attachments

• 20211010_165258.jpg
    20211010_165258.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 26
A spare blade(s) is a great idea. I would just go to a Simplicity dealer, bite the bullet , get OEM blades and sharpen the old ones. This way you know your getting good ones of the correct type. Atleast you won't have to worry about some Amazon driver throwing them on your roof.

I would get the model/serial number from the tractor and look on partstree.com for the blade part number in their diagrams. Then do a Google search with the part number and you should find several aftermarket blades from Oregon that fit. You can buy from other places such as jackssmallengines.com or ebay to avoid Amazon. Unfortunately Simplicity is one of those brands where the blades and other parts aren't as common to find in local stores and are more dealer specific, similar to John Deere.

I figured I need to sharpen my blade four times a year so I have four blades. Sharpen them in the Spring and I'm good for that season. The oldest one is my fall blade for mulching in leaves and is pretty dinged up but I don't have to worry about hitting smaller branches I can't see do to the leaves. It's about at the end of its life so when I retire it I will buy a new one.

Gatorblade for what its worth. I put one on my yard machines push mower and it leaves almost no grass build-up after mowing.

Back