Should I toss the Fram Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Fram in a can
bowdown.gif
will do me, never let me down. Lets the Oil flow real smooth.

I still disagree. In a vehicle that isn't started often you want a good ADBV, and Fram's is the worst I've seen(including ALL fram filters).

-T

Use the Fram's and be done with it, then make the switch. I don't buy frams but it's a complete waste to throw them out if you can't return them, short intervals should be fine, just cover your eyes and ears on this site.

Demarpaint,
Cut one of them open. It will make a good comparison for the other (better made)alternative filters you will use later on.

The first one I cut open was the last one I used.
Too many better alternatives.

quote:

Also not mentioned is that lab rats are (in)bred

pat.gif
Where I come from ...we're all related
shocked.gif

Oh ..and demarpaint ..DON'T USE THESE FILTERS!!! Send them to The Gary Allan Filter Testing Fund
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
-snip- In a vehicle that isn't started often you want a good ADBV, and Fram's is the worst I've seen(including ALL fram filters).

-T

Yep- my Slant Sixes have the oil filter open-end-downward and the F**m filters always seem to drain out quickly- not at all good for the mains, etc.

At least my 454 has the filter orientation correctly done! Don't have to sweat the ADBV's...

quote:

Originally posted by Filter guy:
Kinda like drinking a lot of milk and being told milk causes cancer..so now what do you do?

Of course the lab rats that got cancer from milk drank the equivalent of 10 gallons a day..but they didn't tell you that up front..
wink.gif

Also not mentioned is that lab rats are (in)bred to be extraordinarily sensitive to carcinogens . . . (Translation: what pops a hairy tumor on a lab rat isn't necessarily gonna do likewise on you - even allowing for the difference in body mass.)

i hope this e150 does not have the 351 in it cause it does not matter what u use in it these engines are not made to last i know i have an 89 camper van unfortauntly

quote:

Originally posted by jc1990:
i hope this e150 does not have the 351 in it cause it does not matter what u use in it these engines are not made to last i know i have an 89 camper van unfortauntly

No its a 4.9L, I've had good luck with them over the years, just a few BS items of annoyance more than anything else.

Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back