Latest Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filter as of 2023 January - Is it still a good choice?

Mine stopped weeping. First for everything…. Visited a different WM and they had the ST MP in 10575 so bought some seems like a no brainer for 4000-5000 OCI’s

I want to like the latest Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filter as of the time of this post (2023 January).

I want to use Fram Ultra Synthetic XG7317 filters for all my vehicles since it still has a rating of 99%+ efficiency @ 20 microns, and one of the highest filtration efficiencies of any filter at 15 microns and 10 microns.

But, I've read so many posts on this forum about how Fram was bought out by a company called "First Brands", who is repeatedly
cheapening the Fram Ultra synthetic oil filter to increase their profit.

Cost cutting resulted in:

[1] Removal of the wire backing, which is causing the filter pleats to be wavy instead of straight after only a few thousand miles of use.

[2] Moving from Synthetic Microglass filter media to a synthetic blend media with only a thin layer of synthetic media bonded to a Cellulose media?
Please correct me if I am wrong on this point.

[3] People finding fuzzy hairs all on the filter media (possibly from the Fram Ultra Synthetic filters made in Brazil).
The fear is that these fuzzy hairs could detach from the filter and mix with the engine oil, causing engine wear.

So, is Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filters still a 1st choice despite all the cost cutting, or should it be avoided due to the reductions in quality by "First Brands"?

Would I be better off using a lower efficiency OEM filter than to use a Fram Ultra filter if the Fram Ultra is infested with hairy fuzz or possibly harmful due to other cost cutting in the internals of the filter or filter media.

Thanks in advance for your insight and advise.
They’re very friendly, they wave alot.

They’re very friendly, they wave alot.
The factory filter that is blue is made by fram. I'm going to use up the FU and TG's and then maybe go to ST 20k if I knew the number, M1 or Royal Purple. Haven't decided yet. Any experience with what I'm looking at from anyone I'll gladly listen to.

The factory filter that is blue is made by fram. I'm going to use up the FU and TG's and then maybe go to ST 20k if I knew the number, M1 or Royal Purple. Haven't decided yet. Any experience with what I'm looking at from anyone I'll gladly listen to.
Type in the fram filter # and it will pull up almost every cross referencing filter under the sun.

I assume you mean the Honda filters for the car in your sig?

My family owns several Hondas, and I've used the factory Honda filters, Fram PH, Fram TG and the Supertech filters and they all looked great, even after 12k miles (some in my family forget to change the oil).

This is with the 7317 size. My go-to is usually the Frams since they seem easiest to find and consistently priced. My WalMart never stocks the MP filters.

Fram PH7317
Fram TG7317
SuperTech MP7317
Honda 15400-PLM-A02

My WalMart never stocks the MP filters.
The WM nearest me is the same but the next one (3-4 miles further) which is in a slightly more rural blue collar area has them and a much better stock of oil and all automotive repair items…

Back