Schaeffers 9000 5w-30 Ford Escape 2.0 Ecoboost

Hey Everyone,

Just getting into doing some analysis on my vehicles again and figured I’d post some results to see what everyone thinks.
This ones from a 2014 Ford Escape we purchased new and have pretty much ran Schaeffers the entire time other then a few changes here and there in its life when my Wife would just run into the Quicklane by Her work.
Just rolled over 180K, hoping it’ll go for a bit yet. 8,100mi on this sample.

Attachments

• IMG_8868.jpeg
    IMG_8868.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_8869.jpeg
    IMG_8869.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 135
Hey Everyone,

Just getting into doing some analysis on my vehicles again and figured I’d post some results to see what everyone thinks.
This ones from a 2014 Ford Escape we purchased new and have pretty much ran Schaeffers the entire time other then a few changes here and there in its life when my Wife would just run into the Quicklane by Her work.
Just rolled over 180K, hoping it’ll go for a bit yet. 8,100mi on this sample.
Everything looks good. Their nitration comment maybe time for new O2 Sensors? It's in the caution zone so until it's severe you may not worry about it? Great to see you're getting 180k out of this engine & hope you get many more.

It looks good, except the wear metals are high and it sheared out of grade just like the 5w40 Schaeffers in your truck.
Is 18ppm of iron really considered high in 8,100mi?
If that’s sheared out at 8,100 miles, the Motorcraft that was in my wife’s new Explorer must really be junk with only 5,000mi on that change?

Attachments

• IMG_8870.jpg
    IMG_8870.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 27
I wonder where the tin is coming from. 5ppm isn't a lot, but I don't normally see any tin in UOAs. It kinda stands out.

Last edited:
Back